With the current pandemic sweeping the globe, college students across the world are now beginning to engage in alternative styles of online learning. While there have been quite a lot of memes about these changes, now we are actually starting to learn what it means to be virtual college students.
Even though it may look like we're just on our laptops in our beds doing nothing, online college is a lot harder than the naked eye can recognize. Some professors have been understanding in these times of adversity, but others have significantly increased the workload and raised the expectations of their students.
Whether you're a star student or a total slacker, all college students alike are now experiencing the same struggles.
1. Dressing Up for ClassGiphy
It's really hard to change out of your pajamas for your 8:00 AM lecture, but at least you can keep those sweatpants on.
2. Eating During ClassGiphy
Even though some of my professors prohibited food during class, they can't stop me from eating cereal in my own home.
3. Online Doesn't Work for EverythingGiphy
Labs online? Performing arts classes online? Physical fitness classes online?
4. Homework in Your BedGiphy
It is physically impossible to get an assignment done in the comfort of your bed.
5. Your Family Doesn't UnderstandGiphy
Online school does not mean I am no longer a student, despite what my family members may think when they interrupt my virtual class to ask me to unload the dishwasher.
6. No More Study SessionsGiphy
Unless you can get everyone in your class to FaceTime you with all their different time zones and responsibilities, there's no way to get your favorite study group together to prep for the online midterm.
7. Internet Connectivity ProblemsGiphy
There's nothing like the fear that your connection will shut off in the middle of an online exam.
8. Motivation is a Foreign ConceptGiphy
You're telling me that I still have to write this research paper while a global pandemic is happening around me?
To all my fellow college students: we can get through this. Good luck.
- Should Colleges Cancel Graduation For Coronavirus? ›
- Coronavirus Is Destroying The Last Moments Of My Senior Year, So ... ›
- Student Life - The Odyssey Online ›
- To Coronavirus From College Students: You Need To Stop Infecting ... ›
- How I, And College Seniors Everywhere, Feel After The Coronavirus ... ›
- Attending College in the Time of Corona(virus) ›
- None ›
- Coronavirus college closings: US classes move online in droves ›
- Colleges Are Going Online Because of the Coronavirus - Bloomberg ›
- LIVE UPDATES: Latest news on coronavirus and higher education ›
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Community College of Philadelphia ›
- How the Coronavirus Affects College Admissions | Best Colleges ... ›
- 'This is online education's moment' as colleges close during ... ›
- Colleges And Universities Cancel Classes Amid Coronavirus Fears ... ›
- First U.S. Colleges Close Classrooms as Virus Spreads. More Could ... ›
- Colleges and universities across the US are canceling in-person ... ›