One Week In: A Reflection

One Week In: A Reflection

What my first week of the new semester was really like.

292
One Week In: A Reflection
@FearlessLove318

MONDAY

I'm feeling fairly confident of this semester. I had two classes today, both with the same professor in the same classroom ironically. The first was a Shakespeare class which is being co-taught with one of my favorite theatre professors. As the Shakespeare fan that I am, I'm glad I am familiar with four of the five plays we'll be reading. There was a nice vibe, and the course seems like it's going to be a lot of fun; I'm super excited.

I had a two-hour break between Shakespeare and my next class, so I went to the Student Recreational Center (SRC, the gym on campus) and took my first ever spin class. Spin is indoor cycling for those of you who didn't know. It was really rad (for lack of a better term). I could really feel the workout in my legs and core. I will for sure go back next week!

After changing back into my street clothes, I ate dinner and went back to the same classroom for Medieval Literature. This class has the same vibe as the Shakespeare class (with one of the professors, and a few of the same students) but I only am familiar with one of the texts we will be reading in this class. Many of them I can't even pronounce! Either way I'm stoked to grow.

After class, I headed home and went to bed at 11:30 pm. Night classes are going to take some getting used to.

TUESDAY

Woke up this morning and realized that I didn't need to be on campus until 5 pm! (Night classes...) I spent the morning taking some notes from the first chapter of my political science textbook (a study session guide will be coming soon). I went to the SRC at 5:30 pm for Zumba class. If you have never done Zumba, you need to try it! You don't know what you're missing!

Zumba is a dance type of workout that mixes hip-hop, pop, Latin music, and even some Indian music!

(Take a Zumba class and post a pic with #StephSaidZumba so I can see it!!!)

I changed, ate dinner, then went to my Political Science class. I had taken notes on the first chapter already- and kind of went overboard... it ended up being 10 pages of notes! Yeah, I'm insane. (I'll explain my modified version of Cornell Notes in the Study Session Guide). This class seems more than manageable. And while I probably didn't NEED to take such intense notes from the book, I feel like by continuing that I'll be able to secure an A+ and move on with my life.

WEDNESDAY

Started to feel lazy today. I've possibly been spending too long on twitter before bed (Follow me: @FearlessLove318). I had Shakespeare again today, and work after. I woke up and started taking notes on my Sociology textbook for one of my online classes. One thing I can say for having night classes, is that I am enjoying having the house to myself all morning! I wanted to continue to go to new fitness classes at the gym. Consistency is key. The latest one I could go to before class was called Butts & Guts at 12:15 pm. Isn't it odd that this is the earliest I had to be on campus all week? Butts & Guts was brutal and I loved it! After, I climbed the rock wall because a friend was working. Needless to say I was entirely sore.

I went to Shakespeare class, which was alright. The documentary we are watching on Richard the Third is worth a view. (More here)

I had work right after class. Thankfully I work in the campus library so I was close. After work I went home and spent too much time on social media again.

THURSDAY

My chihuahua, Conner woke me up WAY TOO EARLY today. We were up at 6 am. (Conner, why?) Unable to fall back asleep, but not really awake I tried to keep studying but couldn't wrap my head around my sociology concepts. I had planned to go to the SRC's 12:15 pm Power Hour class (which is really just High-Intensity Interval Training- don't be fooled) but now I was looking for an excuse out of it. Shoutout to my friend Susannah for agreeing to go with me. So I dragged myself to the gym.

Then we got some food because how else do you celebrate a workout well done? I covered a coworker for an hour then went to my Introduction to Film class at 5:30pm. Literally we are going to watch movies every week in this class! This week we watched Charlie Chaplin's The Good Dictator.

I finally got home at 9:30 pm and looked at my 18 pages syllabus for my online writing class. Good God, that syllabus was giving me so much anxiety I decided to quit for the night.

FRIDAY

Today is my day off. I don't have to be at anywhere. No class, no work, no gym. I worked on my online sociology and writing classes. Took Conner for a walk. Baked some cookies. Wrote this reflection of the week.

I'm taking six classes this semester and I feel challenged! #StayStrong2017

Follow me on Snapchat (princess318) to keep up to date with the day to day of my life.

Love ya <3