18 Must-See Places To Visit In Wilmington, NC As A 'One Tree Hill' Fan

"Don't say I never gave you anything."

8727
Ashley Myers

If you’re an avid fan of 'One Tree Hill,' Wilmington, NC must be added to your travel bucket list.

The bustling town along the Cape Fear River is home to a multitude of OTH filming locations that will give you a taste of the charming fictional world of Tree Hill. It was a magical trip down memory lane, to the say the least.

If you make a road trip out of it like my mom and I did, listen to my OTH playlist. And be prepared to bump into several other fans along the way—everyone was incredibly friendly!

These were my favorite spots:

1. The Naley Bench

The bench where one of the greatest TV couples in existence shared their first sweet moment: Nathan famously said to Haley, “Don’t say I never gave you anything,” as he gave her a colorful, plastic bracelet from his Cracker Jack box. Also where Nathan took Haley when she was suffering from depression to try to assuage her pain. Awww...

If you go down Market St. you can find this right along the Riverwalk. Unfortunately it was blocked off, but a kind gentleman let us onto the dock so that we could get a little closer! He informed us that every year about 20,000 fans from all over the place visit Wilmington because of OTH!

2. Clothes Over Bros./Karen's Café

On the corner of Grace Street and N. Front Street you can pretend you are Brooke Davis chatting with Millie in her store, or you can channel your inner-Karen and offer people sage advice. The awnings are no longer there, but the distinct carvings of the façade remain unchanged.

3. Tree Hill Café

Definitely check out Port City Java, across the street from C/B which was the Tree Hill Café! (Thankfully there was no wicked manager who hung up tasteless signs and gave bug-infested plants as gifts.)

4. Tree Hill High

If you go to 610 N Front St. and pass by the entrance of the Schwartz Center (on the right side), you are suddenly transformed into a Tree Hill Raven, walking the same pathways beloved characters walked years ago—just with more shrubbery (as pictured on the left).

Take a minute to strike a pose by the familiar square columns that once said, "Whitey Durham Field House."

5. One Tree Hill Way

How could you pass up the opportunity to drive along One Tree Hill Way? I mean, come on, it's begging you to! It's right by Screen Gems Studios (which used to be a filming location) at 1223 N. 23rd St.

6. Keith Scott Body Shop

Keith was the sweetest sweetheart that ever lived, and I'll forever be bitter about his tragic murder by despicable Dan (who my mom loves for some odd reason), so visiting his shop was absolutely necessary! (19 Covil Avenue.)

7. Peyton's house

1901 Chestnut St. held the black-and-red-walled room of none other than P. Sawyer herself. It was her safe haven (until fake Derek came along and wrecked that), meaning it is certainly a must-see. Plus, the exterior's pristine brick is beautiful, and it's on a quiet street, making it easy to quickly jump out of your car for a picture.

8. Haley's house

Conveniently next to Peyton's house, at 1811 Chestnut St., Haley's house stands with the same blue paneling, the same red door, and most importantly, the same walkway that was the setting for Nathan and Haley's first rain-soaked kiss.

9. Lucas and Karen's house

Everything about Lucas' house at 1829 Wrightsville Avenue was exactly the same! It was surreal! I didn't want to disturb the owners and walk up the front steps, but standing in front of them was enough to satisfy my Lucas-loving heart.

10. Nathan's house (with his parents)

This was mighty cool! The Scott's gorgeous property was blocked by trees, but you could still see the driveway in which Nathan was always seen playing basketball. (1621 Country Club Road.)

11. Brooke's House

Okay, Nathan's house was nice and all, but Brooke's house was stunning, and like the past several houses, it was practically untouched since filming. (2314 Tattersalls Drive.) The brilliant girl behind the red door will always be one of my favorite Tree Hill ladies.

12. TRIC

This was my favorite spot because of the hundreds of messages left by fans. You do not want to skip it! Bring a sharpie and a smile, and feel like you are truly in Tree Hill. (1121 S Front St.)

13. The bridge from the opening credits

This is in a rather desolate area with little traffic, so be sure to go during the day, but do go! It's called the Harry Forden Bridge. As with TRIC, fans signed the bridge, which added to the fun! If only I had had a basketball to dribble, then I would have really felt like Lucas!

14. The River Court

Though the court itself has long since been removed, the backdrop of Wilmington's Riverwalk and the surrounding area is still intact. Use the big tree as a marker for where the court used to be. This spot was breathtaking and oh-so-peaceful. (This is at the Battleship Park.)

15. Focus

The place used for Quinn's gallery is at 33 S Front St. It's right off of Market St. and is now a funky bar called "The Husk."

16. The diner

What is presently "Dixie Grill" at 116 Market St. was once the diner that Brooke's foster child, Sam, often ate at, as well as Brooke, Julian, and other OTH characters.

17. The Record Store (CD Alley)

The spot frequented by Peyton is now called "The Black Cat Shoppe," and is at 8 Market St. The current interior is super cool and quirky, and they've got OTH shirts and sweatshirts, of course!

18. Krazy Mike'z

The best place to fulfill all of your fangirl merch dreams is definitely Krazy Mike'z, located at 1 N Front St. T-shirts, sweatshirts, baseball caps, mugs, ornaments, tank tops, and more, all emblazoned with OTH trademarks like 23, c/b, and Keith Scott Body Shop!

If you'll love One Tree Hill, always and forever, I implore you to visit Wilmington! You won't regret it, I promise!