To One Of Many Soul Mates

To One Of Many Soul Mates

She's more than just my best friend, she's my soul mate.

120
To One Of Many Soul Mates
Unsplash

Soulmates. This term gets tossed around a lot.

To most of society, this term reflects the state of two individuals who are madly in love on either or both mental and sexual levels. Many believe one can only have one soulmate and few may even spend their lives in search of this individual while missing out on the beautiful souls they meet through life. A simple definition would say that a soulmate “a person who is perfectly suited to another in temperament.”

Neither one of these ideas does the term justice.

Personally, I do not believe in the idea of having a single soulmate and that it has to be on a deeply romantic level. Soulmates, according to me, are two souls whose connection transcends any built-in ideas that society has placed on them. Both souls are reflected in the eyes, the motions, the words, and every action the other performs. Words flow smoothly, thoughts are understood without being spoken, love flows freely between the two, nothing is forced, and comfort is felt within one another.

I believe this website expressed in more simple terms how I would define it, “soulmates are brought into your life so that you can grow and expand into the best version of yourself.” I can profess the many attributes of a soulmate as true. I believe with my full being that one has entered my life, and she is here to stay.

I met her through mutual friends and the moment we began to converse, a spark electricity coursed through my veins. A connection that cannot be broken was made. I attempted to deny this feeling, I was afraid of a new relationship. When we met, my life had become blurry. I no longer saw nor believed in the soul within me, who I really am. I tuned this part out of me and began to lead myself into a dark tunnel. It was smooth sailing for a while, but I led the boat into a storm. I felt the waves crash down and destroy the newly built sails.

Everything I thought I knew was quickly dispelled. I traveled through the dark waters that reflected a black sky and came upon a single ray of sunshine, it was her. A being whose beauty, inside out was so obvious to me. I had been so oblivious to it when I first met her, that when I truly saw it, I was overwhelmed by the euphoric sensation of love. Every time I saw her I got excited and couldn’t help but smile, I am still this way, The Universe kept bringing us together and took us on many adventures. Memories of laying in the grass discussing personal experiences we were afraid to discuss with others, roaming around campus giggling and not having a clue as to where we're going, and encouraging each other to finish our work no matter how much we would rather recite the beautiful literature of Vine. I felt in my soul that she was a being who would never let me back out of pursuing my passions and would understand me like no one else.

In her presence I feel empowered and happy, mountains move and rain clouds clear when she speaks, honesty pours from her like a waterfall, her thoughts are complicated but understood by me, and she is filled with galaxies waiting to be explored. It has not been very long since I’ve known her, but we’ve seen each other at our lows and helped lift one another backup. We recognize that we are works in process and we can see the beauty in our mistakes.

A friend of mine, who, I’ve known for seven years, almost gave up our friendship over misunderstandings, unexpressed feelings and a boy. I felt my world begin to crumble. I trusted her with information like no one, and it took me a while to get to that point. I was hurt and at the same time having more issues with my family. But she was there. The ray of sunshine I had discovered not that long ago. I did not need to know her for an extended amount of time to call her my best friend, family, or soulmate. I knew her from man past lives, and here she was again in this one. Without her, I would have become a slave to the false perceptions of me in the eyes of others. In my pain, she taught me to move past it and see the beauty in it. We became a blossoming tree of two souls whom the universe reconnected.

I truly love her, and I am beyond grateful for her prescience in my life. Together, nothing is impossible.