I Saw Once On This Island And I am In Love

Once On This Island

This show is the greatest!

14
Once On This Island

If it was not obvious at this point, I love Broadway shows. Although I don't go as often as I would like, the days I do go are easily my favorite. I love spending the day in the city, be it with my family or friends, grab some dinner at a restaurant and spend the evening watching insanely talented people sing their hearts out. Nothing can top the feeling of immersing yourself in the show and getting lost in the tale.

I can see why Once on This Island won best Musical Revival at the Tony's. From the moment it started until the moment it ended, I was completely captivated. The entire theater was decorated and artfully integrated into the show itself. Characters would run up and down the stairs, sing to audience members and build off their reactions. It was a wonderful in-the-round experience that I have fallen in love with.

The entire cast are total triple threats with amazing dance and musical numbers with touching acting and dialogue in-between. They were superb and wonderful to meet and talk to after the show.

It was the perfect mix of everything you would want a great Broadway show to be and more. The music was rhythmic and hypnotic and relayed the story beautifully.

The characters were real and easy to relate to; their relationships and their obstacles were relayed in a touching way and kept your attention for every moment. The show was the perfect blend of comedy, drama and adventure.

The Gods' characters made the story that much more interesting and provided excellent dialogue and musical numbers to an already wonderful show.

One of the many points the showed touch upon was the human heart and although people may come from different backgrounds or walks of life with different experiences, when you boil it down at the end of the day, we're all just human. That message was articulated beautifully and the show has definitely left an impact that I will carry with me as I go through life.

I think everyone could learn a thing or two from this show and its messages. Despite the obstacles that the character's faced they faced it with optimism and positive which was really inspiration and put things into perspective as far as I was concerned.

Honestly, I did not know much about this show before watching it. But last Thanksgiving, I watched them perform at the parade and fell in love. I knew at that moment that I had to see this show no matter what.

I was not disappointed at all, it was everything I expected it to be and more. Even two days later, I've been playing it over in my mind and would definitely go see it again. I could not stop myself from going home and telling my parents everything that happened during the show as well as my interactions with the cast in an effort to get them to want to go and maybe take with them so I can see it again (hint hint, Mom and Dad).