All 31 Obscure Holidays In August

All Of The Obscure Holidays You Can Celebrate In August

August 8th- Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day ???

663
Pexels.com

Not only is August the unofficial "last month of summer", it is also known as the Admit You're Happy Month, National Peach Month, and National Picnic Month. You'll be sure to not to be bored in this month with all of these fun holidays happening!

August 1st - National Girlfriends Day

media.giphy.com

Whether its your significant other or your bffs, make sure to give them a shoutout for National Girlfriends Day!

August 2nd - National Ice Cream Sandwich Day

media.giphy.com

It's time to enjoy a cold sandwich... an ice cream sandwich. 

August 3rd - International Beer Day

media.giphy.com

You can either drink at home or go out and visit your local micro-brewery. 

August 4th - National Chocolate Chip Day

media.giphy.com

Store bought or homemade chocolate chip cookies all day baby.

August 5th - Sisters Day

media.giphy.com

Sisters are special. Sometimes they'll steal your clothes, but they'll always be your best friend. 

August 6th - Wiggle Your Toes Day

Giphy The best place to wiggle your toes on a hot August day is in the pool. 

August 7th - National Lighthouse Day

media.giphy.com

There are numerous local and national lighthouse preservation societies and lighthouse organizations. Make sure to visit a lighthouse on this national holiday! 

August 8th - Sneak Some Zucchini Onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day

media.giphy.com

Many gardeners are overflowing with zucchini by the time August comes, so it is only right for them to go around and leave them on their neighbor's porch. 

August 9th - Book Lover's Day

media.giphy.com

This day just screams "curl up in a nook and read a book". 

August 10th - National S'mores Day

media.giphy.com

The best time for a campfire is in August, so it only makes sense that this holiday falls in this month. Nothing better than graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows smushed together. 

August 11th - Presidential Joke Day

media.giphy.com

Many believe its a day for us to make a joke about the president, but it is actually a day for the president to make a joke instead. 

August 12th - Middle Child's Day

media.giphy.com

Happy Middle Child Day! If you don't remember, don't worry, no one else does! 

August 13th - Left Hander's Day

media.giphy.com

Make sure to remember that lefties have rights too. 

August 14th - National Creamsicle Day

media.giphy.com

One of the many cool summer treats to enjoy in the hot month of August!

August 15th - Relaxation Day

media.giphy.com

"Today I don't feel like doing anything. I just wanna lay in my bed. Don't feel like picking up my phone so leave a message at the tone 'cause today I swear I'm not doing anything"

August 16th - National Tell a Joke Day

media.giphy.com

What do you call a guy with a rubber toe? Roberto. 

August 17th - Chinese Valentine's Day

media.giphy.com

Celebrate love... Chinese style.

August 18th - National Honey Bee Awareness Day

media.giphy.com

What's the buzz about? 

August 19th - National Potato Day

media.giphy.com

Potatoes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! 

August 20th - National Radio Day

media.giphy.com

Tune into your favorite radio station and crank it all the way up. 

August 21st - National Spumoni Day

media.giphy.com

Spumoni is made from layers of ice cream... mmm mmmm mmmmm. 

August 22nd - Be an Angel Day

media.giphy.com

This day encourages everyone to do random acts of kindness along with helping others. 

August 23rd - Ride the Wind Day

media.giphy.com

Make sure to sit back, relax, and enjoy the breeze today. 

August 24th - Vesuvius Day

media.giphy.com

This holiday marks the day in 79 A.D. that Mount Vesuvius exploded. 

August 25th - Kiss and Make Up Day

media.giphy.com

What a perfect day to end a spat with whoever you may be having it with. Sending flowers wouldn't be such a bad idea either. 

August 26th - National Dog Day

media.giphy.com

This day recognizes dogs and aims to rescue dogs from homelessness and abuse. Make sure to give your doggo extra kisses on this day!

August 27th - Just Because Day

media.giphy.com

You can do anything you want today without any rhyme or reason. 

August 28th - Race Your Mouse Day

media.giphy.com

This day means you move your computer mouse on the screen to wait for whatever is loading to come up on the screen. Weird. 

August 29th - More Herbs, Less Salt Day

media.giphy.com

Promotes using healthy herbs over salt.

August 30th - Toasted Marshmallow Day

media.giphy.com

Enjoy the day by sitting by the fire and roasting marshmallows. Gooey goodness all day long. 

August 31st - National Eat Outside Day

media.giphy.com

Since it's the last day of August, there is no better way to spend the day than by being outside.