11 Signs College Has Transformed You Into Your Favorite Grandparent

#3 is something I'm guilty of saying.

169

Most of the time when a young adult hits the college years, they get sucked into a whirlwind of studying into the odd hours of the night, going out until the break of dawn, and just complaining about how stressed they are. However, there are very few college students who don’t go down that path-they turn into a perpetual grandparent. Here are 11 signs that college has taken you through a time machine into your golden years.

1. You eat your meals at odd hours of the day.

What doesn’t say old person more than eating lunch at 10:30am, or dinner at 4pm?

2. The idea of going to a Bingo Night excites you.

Whenever a Bingo event happens on my campus, it feels just like Christmas for me and my fellow old souls.

3. You've referred to your peers as "Crazy Hooligans" more than you'd like to admit.

Especially when they’re screaming up and down the halls at 1 am.

4. You go one step beyond the "Mom Friend."

Mom friends go with their friends to make sure they stay safe out on the town. “Grandma Friends” make sure everyone’s healthy, fed with yummy treats, and getting their homework done.

5. No matter where you go, you are constantly surrounded by old people.

Goes to a coffee shop in the middle of the day? Old people. Decides to grocery shop Saturday morning? Old people.

6. You constantly complain about your physical ailments.

Backs, knees, and hips are the most common.

7. You love telling people about the "good ole' days."

When you used to eat Kid Kusine and play outside all the time.

8. Knitting is one of your favorite past-times...

but crocheting is pretty good too.

9. You love baking for loved ones.

You prefer homemade, but that pre-packaged dough works too.

10. The newest technology confuses you.

I still don't understand Venmo... oh well.

11. You know how to have your own fun.

Even if that means having to nap for hours in preparation.