Oktoberfest As Told By Spongebob

Oktoberfest As Told By Spongebob

Thank goodness it only happens once a year.

75
Oktoberfest As Told By Spongebob

Ah yes, it's that magical time of the year again in La Crosse- Oktoberfest. Nothing will ever quite be able to sum up exactly what happens here, but Spongebob makes everything better. So if your parents are wondering what this weekend was like, or you're trying to explain it to your friends who don't go here, hopefully this helps. After years of this crazy tradition, I feel that a few of these scenarios may be a little bit too familiar for some people.

It's Friday afternoon, you have one class left, and you're just sitting there patiently waiting for your professor to let you out early like...

Your last class finally finishes and you rush home to get ready for the weekend's festivities. This means it's time to grab a drink, throw on your new Oktoberfest bro tank, and grab your beer helmet.

You're ready! You're ready! You're ready! Your friends are finally all out of class, or have all arrived and it's time. You can now join the rest of the drunken population that you've been listening to since this morning.

Things start out relatively normal, but within the first few hours your crazy party animal starts coming out. You can't contain your excitement and you get swept up in the craziness that is Oktoberfest. This stage usually happens at some random person's house that you've just happened to wander into.

At some point in the night, someone you know will probably be injured. At the very least you will see at least one person being hauled away in an ambulance. Cue "My Leg!".

On the way back from downtown you stop at Toppers for some pizza. After waiting for an obscenely long time, you finally get your pizza and head back to where you're crashing to turn in for the night.

Saturday morning you wake up and immediately feel like death. All you want is water and some food to help bring you back to life.

After finally getting up and getting ready, it sinks in that you have to fest again today.

You look back through the pictures on your phone from last night. You don't remember taking half of them, and there are more than a few selfies with people you've never seen before.

You and your friends decide to go to the parade because it's a yearly tradition. Every year you wonder why it's so early and try to pick out all of the hungover people. You find a few people that look like Patrick. There's also a few people that are probably still drunk.

By the end of Saturday most everyone's passed out, or burnt out but theres still a few people going hard.

By early Sunday morning, also known as the end of Oktoberfest, the city of La Crosse pretty much is in a state of disrepair. There are still a few people wandering the streets drunk and oblivious that the party is over. You're just praying that your car didn't get flipped or damaged.

Sunday afternoon you wake up and look out your window. There isn't a soul to be seen. As you reflect on the weekend and all of the great memories you realize just how fun it was to take part in this special occasion. You are also thankful that it only happens once a year.

The whole weekend sounds like a lot of hooplah, but by Monday, you're already counting down the days until next year.