It's OK To Not Know What You're Doing With Life

Not everyone has a life plan, and that's okay. You're young, you'll get there.

196
Flickr

Our society puts way too much pressure on people to pick a career path and a plan for their lives WAY too early. Some people know what they want to do by the time they're three years old, but not all of us are so lucky.

I'm here to tell you that it's okay to not know.

Try various different things until you find your passion, even if it ends up being something unconventional or something your parents don't approve of. There is something out there for everyone; it just may take a while to discover what your "something" is.

Guess what? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that! Chase happiness until you find your passion, and don't give up.

Many times, people will site college as the time when you discover yourself, and that you'll have at least part of your future planned out when you graduate at only 23 years old. That's unrealistic for MANY people, and if you're one of those many people, it is nothing to beat yourself up over.

Harrison Ford did not become an actor until his early thirties. Alan Rickman started his film career at 36. Susan Boyle started singing at 47. Morgan Freeman was 52 before he starred in a popular film for the first time, and that's just the tip of the iceberg! Enjoy your life, and don't overwhelm yourself.

Chances are, you're still young and you've got plenty of opportunities. You never have to be perfect, and it'll always be worth it to take a risk and try something new. Fake it until you figure it out, and never forget all of the successful people that have been in your position before.

Things take time, but it will be worth it later on.