Okay God Really Dislikes Yeast In Bread

Okay God Really Dislikes Yeast In Bread

After reading through some of Leviticus and a lot of the New Testament I've realized that god dislikes yeast in bread... like a lot.

34
Okay God Really Dislikes Yeast In Bread

Okay, I don't know if I am alone in this realization,

but God seems to really dislike yeast in the Bible. I have recently been reading through Leviticus and the first seven chapters are only about offerings and cleansing of Sin. (very riveting read don't get me started) I didn't think much about it at first because I was trying to binge through it quickly because though it has a lot of insight and wisdom, it's not the most interesting read in my opinion. But I started to see a couple constant themes throughout all of the offerings. The first was, there are so many things they had to do back then that I have mad respect for the ones who kept up with it all those years. Secondly, Every grain offering was required to be without yeast. I started to wonder about this more so naturally, I looked up what yeast does when added to the dough for bread. I found something really cool. An article by finecooking.com lays out the three purposes of yeast. They state, "Yeast has three major roles. Most of us are familiar with yeast's leavening ability. But you may not be aware that fermentation helps to strengthen and develop gluten in dough and also contributes to incredible flavors in bread." Furthering my interesting 2:00 am research into bread I figured out that yeast is a chemical reaction. Meaning that once yeast is put into bread, it activates and can't be removed. Think of it kind of like when fire burns a log and turns it to ash. There is no way that the ash can go back into wood. So when dough receives yeast it can no longer be without yeast.

That's where it clicked.

It isn't about the bread and the physical yeast. It is a long played parable over centuries of time that finally gets revealed in the New Testament. We are the dough, and yeast is sin. In the beginning, when Adam and Eve first turned away from God they accepted the "yeast" (sin) into their hearts. Which then permeated humankind's entire being and made the world as broken as it is today. So when we are born into this world we are automatically injected with yeast and it activates. There is no human way to get rid of the yeast for good because it is engrained in us, it is a part of us. Luckily God had a plan from the beginning. In the Old Testament, we see that God tried to still clean us by sacrificing animals and grain on the altar. When that didn't work and only proved there was no way for us to be truly clean he sent his Son to be the Ultimate sacrifice and final offering to cleanse us from all sin. So In three days after Christ died and was resurrected, he became the one who can rid us of the "yeast" (sin) which festered in the hearts of his beloved. So that being said, it is not humanly possible for us to remove yeast from bread. but for God, All Things Are Possible.