Okay, I Admit It. I Hate College.

Okay, I Admit It. I Hate College.

The best 4 years of your life? More like the WORST 4 years of your life!
10846

I remember those days back in high school when I looked forward to going to college. In fact, it was all I talked about most of the time. For some reason, I was stupid enough to believe that my college years would be some of the happiest years of my life (I sure thought wrong on that one) and that I would be surrounded by some mature, determined young people who are ready to prepare for the real world (I guess I thought wrong on that one too). Now as a third-year college student, I have began to hate college. Why do I hate college? Well, let's just say that there are several reasons. I will break them all down for you.

I hate college because the workload can get overwhelming at times, especially after midterms. I know that all too well because for the past couple semesters, I had to take 18 credits due to changing my major and failing a class (that statistics course was my worst nightmare and I'm currently retaking it this semester. Fortunately, my overall grade in that class so far is an A-. Hopefully is stays in the A-B range). Anyway, the overwhelming workload is even worse for someone taking anything over 17 credits. On the bright side, it is all worth it because last semester and the semester before, I ended up getting As and Bs in my classes.

I hate college because some professors get snippy if you don't understand something. In my opinion, that's just disrespectful. If someone doesn't understand how to do something, then they don't understand how to do it. It's the professor's job to talk to those who don't understand the material before class, after class, or during office hours. I mean, come on. Why make someone feel stupid about it?

I hate college because some people are snobby, immature, and care more about drinking than being considerate or courteous towards others. In fact, people like this make me even more stressed out than I have to be. I try to ignore people like that, but sometimes it's hard. Don't even get me started on people who talk too loud in the library (whatever happened to the famous "be quiet in the library" rule?)

I hate college because it is way too expensive. Why does it have to cost so much to prepare to get a good job? It's kind of silly if you ask me.

Now that I have broken down all the things that make me hate college so much, I have to say that I don't have to put up with it much longer because after this semester, I only have one more year left. I may hate college and college life, but after I graduate in May of 2018 and get a job in my area of study, I will look back and realize that college was worth it.