It's OK To Love Disney, Even As An Adult

Disney is a place for all ages, you can dream any dream you want

151
Alexis Cable

When my family first went to Walt Disney World, I was only 2. I didn't remember the trip since I was so young but my parents always told me about that first trip. They took me to meet my first character, that character being Minnie Mouse. While meeting her they said that she gave me a kiss on the cheek and I proceeded to walk around the whole time rubbing my cheek because she kissed it. It's a story I only wish I could remember myself.

A few years later when I was 8, my family went on another trip to Walt Disney World. This trip being more memorable for myself since I could actually remember everything from it. I remember how exciting it was to be there and walk down Main Street in Magic Kingdom. I can remember getting a frozen lemonade in Animal Kingdom, that came with a Pluto attached to the straw. I can even remember floating around the lazy river in Blizzard Beach.

Fast forward to many years later. I decided to go to Walt Disney World at 21 for my Spring Break. It just as magical as it was when I went at 8 years old. Nothing had changed when I met Minnie Mouse. I still got butterflies while watching the fireworks. Smiling ear to ear while walking into Magic Kingdom and seeing Cinderella's Castle. The magic was all too real even at 21.

Now I am almost 23 years old. My love for Disney and the parks hasn't changed. The magic never dies for me. I still love seeing all of the characters and riding all of the rides possible while visiting the parks. Hearing Disney music always puts a smile on my face and makes me feel excited.

It's okay to be an adult and to love Disney just as much as you did when you were a kid. So many people are quick to judge adults when they talk about how much they love Disney and love going on trips to Walt Disney World in Florida.

Going to Walt Disney World allows adults to feel magic. It gives us a chance to feel like a kid again. It gives us a chance to relive all of the memories we had while going there at a young age. It gives us a sense of nostalgia. It gives us a chance to get away from the everyday stress of life and work and gives us the chance to have fun and be young for a moment.

With all of the bad happening in the world, Disney gives us a getaway from it all. It fills us with happiness we need. Sometimes we get older and forget that even as a grown-up it's okay to be a kid sometimes. Adults are allowed to love Disney just as much as kids are. Walt Disney didn't create Disney just for kids, he created it for EVERYONE.

As Walt once said, "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age. dreams are forever".