It's OK To Not Do It All

It’s OK To Not Do It All

When you feel like you've literally just hit a wall... relax, breathe, and take some time for yourself.

34
https://www.pexels.com/photo/woman-holding-feather-pen-1650209/

I know the feeling all too well, like the back of my hand, really. The sense that you're barely getting everything done that you need to. Your head feels like it's going to explode, and your eyes are welling up with tears. It's close to the worst feelings in the world if it hasn't already beaten them.

I'm here to tell you to just sit back for a minute and relax. It's okay to not do it all. What do I even mean by that? Basically, when you're in the swing of everyday motions, you sometimes forget to think about anything else but everything.

Confusing? Here, take your everyday schedule and put it down on a piece of paper.

Does it vary from day to day, or are you still seeing the same monotonous tasks on your list? Class, work, homework, gym, repeat. Or maybe it varies, but not in a way that makes you feel like your life is fulfilling.

Writing out your schedule gives you a perspective on time you may have but you think you don't have! It also helps you see where most of your time is being focused, so if you feel like you need to throw hours into different things, you're able to see it visibly as well as in your head.

It's seriously okay to not do it all sometimes, so if that means that you need to speak up and let someone know how you're feeling about something, or you feel like there may be a deadline you're not going to meet, never be afraid to say something. Let people into your life, and let them know what you have going on!

If you're all caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, and you feel like you're drowning, relax because it's not the end of the world. I promise!