Essential Oils That Work Magic

Essential Oils That Work Magic

Mankind's first medicine

101
Zen Box

Growing up I was always taught of all the things that had negative outcomes like going without moisturizer in the winter, lacking sunscreen on a hot day, and neglecting your hair when showering. My mother was all for natural remedies, but usually chemically manufactured supermarket products were relied on as a fast dry skin or dry hair fix. I was never made aware of natural products, such as essential oils, that could not only reserve what's on the outside, but also what's on the inside. Perfectly enough I met friends who introduced me to these essential oils, and it's a fact that they're nothing short of magic.

1. Coconut Oil

I could write an entire article about the truly amazing benefits of coconut oil as there are endless. It's an edible oil extracted from the meat of the coconut fruit. It is an amazing remedy for proper skin care, it can be used as a healthy alternative for cooking or everyday beauty products, and more.

2. Tea Tree Oil

If your concern is more for your skin, tea tree oil has got you covered. Taken from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia, tea tree oil is the way to go for anything relating to acne, bacterial infections, and rosacea. It's widely known for it's ability to work almost instantly after application. Other great uses include natural pest control, effective mouthwash, and amazing for hair treatments.

3. Peppermint Oil

Peppermint oil is popular for it's multiplicity of health benefits and medicinal properties. Peppermint is a cross between spearmint and watermint, the very same components that make up this herb are used to treat indigestion, respiratory issues, headaches, and common colds like the flu. There are so many uses to this oil; it is commonly prescribed by doctors and recommended by many in the scientific community as a natural alternative to modern medicine.

4. Sandalwood Oil

Aside from the fact that sandalwood oil makes for great aromatherapy, it has a beautiful amount of attributes that are beneficial to the body inside and out. Sandalwood oil is basically derived from matured trees (50-80 years in age), the older the tree the better. It's been used in ancient practices, and is continued to be in used because of its help in the antiseptic (sores, bacterial infections, wounds) department as well as the anti-inflammatory (brain, digestive, nervous system, etc...) department. It is highly recommended for camping and outdoor activity.

5. Rose Oil

Rose oil is thought to be a soothing oil. As the name implies, rose oil is extracted from the petals of different types of roses. The beautiful oil is mostly used for relieving stress, anxiety, and depression; however, it has numerous other benefits. It's a great relief for liver infection, and it works wonders for wound treatment, muscle tension, and other antibacterial practices.

6. Lavender Oil

Recognized as a must-have essential, lavender oil is obtained from certain species of lavender flower spikes. It's categorized as a drug class oil for its versatile medicinal properties, however it's also used for religious purposes. The oil is calming, stress-relieving, and lifting, as well as a treatment for hair loss, digestion aid, acne treatment, insomnia and so much more.

Most if not all of these oils can be found in your local farmer's market, supermarket, or online! They're recommended to work best when they're 100% natural. Although they can be costly, the benefits received from these oils are guaranteed to make up for it. The uses listed are not the only ones essential oils are limited to; they not only smell great, but when used correctly they're almost magic.