15 Reasons Ohio is the Best State

Everyone seems to hate on Ohio anymore except when elections come around. In this list we will look at what makes the state of Ohio far better than any other state.

1. Ohio has the best fans around

This is a bit of s start but to be true we do. Ohio fans are above others. We generally care about our teams and we really just want a national championship. Ohio will never forget the day Lebron James left for Miami and rioting passed through out the land and then when he came back a parade was there for him.

2. We are the true founds of flight... and space

Sorry, North Carolina but you can take that off your license plates. The Wright brothers were Ohio natives and designed and built their plane in Ohio! Not only that but 24 astronauts came from Ohio including the very first man to step on the moon! Everyone seems to joke about what makes your state want to leave but Ohioans see it as flying above the haters.

3. Our form of high comes from major thrills

Nothing compares to the feeling of dropping 120 feet and the spiraling through the sky strapped safely into a car. Ohio has Cedar Point, USA Roller Coast Capital of the WORLD, and Kings Island brings us many thrills and we can't get enough. People travel all over the world to experience what we know too well.

4. We gave you rock n roll

Well, at least the hall of fame, and we are proud of that

5. Our flag is cooler than yours

Let's not try to hide that fact that our flag is cooler than yours because it just is. We represent that American colors and we aren't square like the rest of

6. We determine the destiny of U.S. Presidents

Candidates fight over our state because we determine the future leader of the America. Ohioans are proud to be in the swing-vote state!

7. It is easy to spell our states name with our arms

You only need 4 people and we are cool like that. When I travel to Argentina in January we were welcomed by other staters hating on the shear awesomeness that only our state can represent. I would like to see North Dakota spell out their state in arms.

8. We have buckeyes

Food, foliage, and people. We are all about being a little nutty!

9. We can't be scared

Ohio has so many haunted houses that we were named the most haunted state in the nation. It is safe to say that we can handle most things.

10. Oberlin College was the 1st interracial college

Ohio stood above race and thought everyone deserved an opportunity to have the same type of higher education.

11. We denounced slavery before we even became a state

Even before Ohio was a state they did not stand for slavery. We later went on to help with the underground railroad and transport people to Canada.

12. Our athletes are some of the best in the world

LeBron James, Jesse Owens, Russel Wilson, Jack Nicklaus, Stephen Curry just to name a few!

13. An Ohio native lit up your world

Thomas Edison of Milan, Ohio gave you the light bulb! You can still visit his childhood home and see the original light bulb!

14. We love water

We are surrounded by water and have the Country's Largest Indoor Water Park at Kalahari. We love water and you will often find us near it during the summer!

15. We're better than Michigan

We just are and there is no arguing it and if you want to just remember 42-13.