Oh, My Weary Soul.

Oh, My Weary Soul.

Matthew 11:28
10

It’s that time of year again, projects are piling up and chaos is on the horizon.

The chaos is slowly creeping in, like fog on a rainy day. Soon it will consume me and my weary soul will gasp for relief. I will try to control it, I will try to stop it, but there’s no use. Whether I like it or not, the end of the year brings with it this overwhelming sense of chaos and restlessness. So, I’ve decided to accept it. I’ve decided to welcome the chaos. I’ve decided that there’s no need to try and deny it. I will let the fog consume me, because I’ve got a plan to turn this fog, this chaos, this restlessness, into something wonderful.

It’s that time of year again, the time of year where the chaos consumes me, but within that chaos is a twinkle of hope. Within the chaos is an underlying drive and relief for my weary soul. But, I’ve realized that I can’t reach the clearing ahead; at least not on my own. To reach the clearing, to push through the fog into a world filled with color and undeniable hope, I must surrender. I must surrender my weary soul. I must give it all up and live with abandon. For when I give it all up to God, when I realize that I cannot fight the chaos alone, I will find a peace that is so overwhelming that it pierces through the fog.

So, as the end of the school year draws near. As you become overwhelmed and weary, don’t give up. But rather, run ahead into the chaos. Run forward with a drive and motivation, because rest is on the horizon. But most importantly, lay your weary soul down at His feet and find strength in He who revives even the weariest of souls.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Matthew 11:28