What The Cast of "The Office" Taught Me About Love, Life, and Happiness

You need to watch this show...and no, I didn't stutter.
97

If you have Netflix, or happen to not live under a rock, you most likely have encountered the television series "The Office". With comedic geniuses Steve Carell, John Krasinski, and Jenna Fischer, this show is often a crowd pleaser... and for good reason. While this show provides comic relief to stressed college students like me, it also manages to provide some good lessons to its viewers as well. While Dunder Mifflin is not exactly a realistic example of office life, who says a Business student can't dream?

From Jim and Pam, we learn that the best things come to those who wait. While it takes many seasons for these two to come to terms with the fact they are meant to be, it proves to be worth the wait. If you're like me though, rewatching the beginning seasons over again makes you cringe because like, really Karen... and Roy?

Dwight Schrute teaches us the importance of loyalty to the people we care most about. Yeah he can be overbearing and just plain annoying, but when it comes down to it, we see his unfailing loyalty to Michael Scott in every episode (though he may show it in very... odd ways).

From Erin we learn that positivity is the best quality. Though she has dealt with heartbreak, let-down's, and been through life's ups and downs, she smiles her way through every situation and never fails to keep a positive attitude. The brightest? Not quite, but a heart of gold? Got that one covered!

And of course, Michael Scott. Definitely not the most qualified person to be a regional manager. Terrible with finances and money. Bit of an airhead. But for some reason, the ultimate fan favorite. Michael teaches us that when we are passionate about something, anything is possible. The love he shows towards his employees and the pride he takes in being manager of the Scranton branch, is a display of his good heart and pure intentions of only the best for his friends and employees.

We also see through Michael and Holly, that there truly is someone for everyone out there. Despite their weird and confusing personalities, they fit together like a jigsaw puzzle. You can't help but watch the two of them together and smile, because they are simply so happy together. Sure there were roadblocks, but not a single should could stand between them in the end.

Lastly, we learned from Andy Bernard that... IT IS HARD TO NOT LIVE UP TO EXPECTATIONS! Living in the shadow of a sibling, parent, or friend is not an easy thing to accept. While the producers did an impeccable job turning this into a funny and light-hearted plot characteristic, we all felt Andy's pain at that Garden Party right?

"The Office" will probably remain one of the best television series in history in my eyes for a very long time, and if you have not seen it yet you are missing out my friends. Not only does it provide endless laughs, but heartfelt emotional scenes that will definitely tug at those heart strings. Besides, who DOESN'T want an entire repertoire of "that's what she said" jokes and office prank ideas? I promise you will never look at Jell-o the same way again.