Odyssey Template: What Freshmen Need To Know About Your School

Odyssey Template: What Incoming Freshmen Can’t Learn About Your School On A Zoom Call This Fall

There is nothing like being on-campus.

4489
Odyssey HQ

Everyone who has gone or is going to college remembers what it was like to be a high school senior waiting to start their freshman year.

But no one knows what that will look like for incoming Freshman across the country in Fall 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.

For some, it might look like taking a year off. For others, it might mean going to class on a zoom call.

This template is your chance to list everything that makes your school great — and why you have to be there in person to experience that greatness. Give incoming freshman something to look forward to, no matter how long they might have to wait.

How To:

Here's where you come in! In this open letter template, you are providing a list of things you simply love about your school and campus. This letter should be heartfelt, funny, and provide an inside look to a life this person is about to embark into — once they get there.

Then, follow these steps:

1. COPY the text in between the begin and end template sections below
  2. PASTE it into a new post in Odyssey's CORE
  3. Fill it all in and add photos
  4. Submit under Community: Student Life for a chance to be featured on Odyssey's Facebook and Instagram
  5. Don't have an account? CREATE ONE.

BEGIN TEMPLATE

Headline format:

XX Things Incoming Freshmen Can't Learn About [Enter School] On A Zoom Call This Fall

*The list should be over 10 things.

Introduction:

Write 3-5 sentences about where you go to school, what year you're in, and why you love it before getting to your list.

1. [Thing About Your school]

[1-2 sentences why you have to be there in person to appreciate it]

2. [Thing About Your school]

3. [Thing About Your school]

4. [Thing About Your school]

5. [Thing About Your school]

6. [Thing About Your school]

7. [Thing About Your school]

8. [Thing About Your school]

9. [Thing About Your school]

10. [Thing About Your school]

END TEMPLATE