An Open Letter to my College Best Friend

This one's for you Makk, my college best friend who is graduating!

30317

I remember hearing people always say "You meet your best friends in college" before leaving to start my freshman year 550 miles away from home. However, I did not realize how true that statement was until I met you. There is no doubt in my mind that God had a hand in the UA Housing Portal messing up our originally planned roommates and assigning you and I to be in the same dorm room our freshman year. He knew that I needed the sweet Georgia peach that you are in my life. From one our first nights being in college together where we went to dinner and I told you my entire life story and talked so much that I hadn't even taken a bite of my food, you quickly came to know me better than I even know myself. Our year spent together in Presidential Village 1 will forever be one of the most cherished years of my life.

Over the past three years, you have always been by my side and I could not picture my world without you in it. Whether it was accompanying me in hours of dreaded studying with Starbucks in hand, our many fun nights spent on the strip, the unforgettable road trips, pep talks while I cried over the most pointless things, getting re-baptized, concerts, game days- you did it all with me. You have become one of my greatest blessings. You have taught and inspired me so much just by the way you live your life. Your friendship has pushed me to strive to become the best version of myself possible, to reach for the stars in everything I do, and to never settle for less than I deserve.

I want to thank you for all that you are and all that you have done for me. You have taught me the meaning of true friendship. You have brought me closer to the Lord. You have made my life so much more fun just by being in it. I am so amazed by you and all that you have accomplished over the last 3 years. Although it breaks my heart that you are leaving me and graduating an entire year early, I am so beyond proud of you. However, your graduation is not the end of our story... it's the beginning. Know this Makk, you are going to continue to make such an impact on the lives of others just as you have for me. To know you is to love you girl. I will always be cheering for you. Here's to the many adventures to come!!

Love you more than words,

XOXO,

Nugz <3