Odyssey Template: Use This Survey Data To Write About How Drinking During Quarantine Has Changed

We've all needed that extra glass of wine lately.

5898
Odyssey HQ

Readers connect with Odyssey creator content because of the genuine nature of these perspectives shared.

This month, we want to take things a step further by providing our users with data to support their perspectives and enrich their articles. Odyssey recently conducted a survey of users' drinking habits during quarantine, the results of which are being made available in a simple graphic below.

Follow the steps to create a piece of content on this topic yourself.

• NOTE: If you are discussing your own drinking habits, you must be 21 years old.

How To:

1. Start a new post in Odyssey's CORE
  2. Submit under Community: Lifestyle for a chance to be featured on Odyssey's Facebook and Instagram
  3. Don't have an account? CREATE ONE.

When writing your article:

Step 1: Review the overall findings of the survey, and pick your article angle.

• Go to the survey results article here: We Surveyed Millennials And Gen Z About Their Quarantine Drinking Habits — Cheers
  • Look for data points you identify with or feel would help support your experience with this topic.
    • For example:
      • Wine was the most popular alcoholic beverage in the millennial/GenZ age group, and you yourself have really gotten into wine as well. Write about your experience learning about or finding good wine during quarantine. A headline for this might look like:
        • This Survery Says Gen Zers Are Drinking More Wine In Quarantine, And That Checks Out
  • Be considerate of your audience when choosing a topic.

Step 2: When writing your article, make sure to include specific survey findings.

• We recommend writing a piece based on your individual perspective or experience with alcohol consumption, as opposed to an assessment of the survey findings.
  • Mention the findings within the article where applicable.
    • For example: "A group of my friends decided to start a virtual wine club, and it seems we're not alone. In a recent survey, 43 percent of people my age prefer wine as their drink of choice during lockdown."
  • Link to the survey findings article if applicable.

Step 3: Embed the survey findings graphic into your piece using the entry editor.

• In the CMS, use the entry editor to add an "embed" to your article.
  • Copy and paste the following embed code:
  • (everything within the quotes): "<div class="canva-embed" data-design-id="DAD6p9q7xNM" data-height-ratio="1.8235" style="padding:182.3529% 5px 5px 5px;background:rgba(0,0,0,0.03);border-radius:8px;"></div><script async src="https://sdk.canva.com/v1/embed.js"></script><a href="https://www.canva.com/design/DAD6p9q7xNM/view?utm_content=DAD6p9q7xNM&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=embeds&utm_source=link" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Odyssey Drinking Survey</a> by OdysseyHQ"
  • When embedded correctly, the graphic should look like this: