How To Host A Panel Discussion On Odyssey

This is your chance to showcase multiple perspectives surrounding one topic.

646
Odyssey

Odyssey creators resonate with their audiences because of their authentic and unique perspectives and experiences they share. Panel Discussions allow us to bring multiple creators together, providing a range of perspectives and experiences to broaden reader understanding.

The following steps provide the framework to host and write a panel discussion on Odyssey.

Step One — Pick your panel topic

Since doing a panel discussion involves asking multiple people questions and including their answers, it's important to pick a topic that people are passionate about in real-time.

A good place to start is to see what's trending on Google, and Twitter, and go from there.

Step Two — Identify your panel

1. It should be around three to five people, including yourself.

2. They all have to be registered as Odyssey creators.

3. Creator Tip: consider how their similarities or differences will play into your article

4. If you want to make an introduction graphic for your panel to embed in your article, learn more here.

Step Three — Come up with your panel questions

This part will obviously be different for every panel. The part that is consistent here is that YOU get to be the one to lead and dictate the conversation by asking the right questions.

A good amount of questions to ask for a panel is anything between five and 10 questions.

Step Four — Get your responses

1. Send your questions to each panel member (email, Google survey, or Slack).

2. Set a deadline to respond (we suggest giving them at least one to two days).

Step 5 — Put your article together

1. Provide context for your article by writing an introduction to the topic at hand.

2. Introduce your panel by providing their names, where they go to school or do for a living, and anything else that feels relevant depending on the panel.

3. List your questions and answers by panel member.

Here are some examples of completed Odyssey Panels

5 Quarantined Americans Share What They've Discovered In Week 9 Of Quarantine

Bachelor Breakdown: And They All Lived Unhappily Ever After