How To Use Google Trends To Write Search-Friendly Content

How To Use ‘Google Trends’ To Create Search-Friendly Content

A great way to ideate content ideas is to see what people are actively searching for on Google in real-time.

3913
Google Trends

Ever find yourself having writer's block? Or maybe there are a lot of things you want to write about but you're not sure which you should prioritize.

A great way to ideate content ideas is to see what people are actively searching for on Google in real-time — and you can do this by using Google Trends.

Once you're in Google Trends, you can search for a topic you're interested in to see what people are specifically searching for in relation to that topic. This way you will end up with a really focused angle that is primed to do well on Google with the right Search Engine Optimization (SEO) approaches to both your headlines and slug.

Here are a few examples of a Google Trend search ideation turning into well-executed content:

"Father's Day"

After searching the term "father's day" you quickly see some of the most searched terms pertain to gifts — best types of gifts, specific kinds of gifts, etc. Using this knowledge, you can decide the angle worth taking if you're interested in writing something pertaining to Father's Day would be something like this:

"Shoes"

Let's say you wanted to write an article about shoes, but you're not sure what about shoes would lead to a successful angle for your audience. By using Google Trends, you can find several options to pick from that people are actively interested in at the moment:

Looking at these results, you can clearly see the demand for healthcare workers looking for the right shoes right now. This makes a lot of sense when we are in the middle of a global pandemic and healthcare workers are on their feet more than ever before. Using this Google Trend can lead you to a headline that looks like this:

This process of searching for a term on Google Trends, taking the topic results, and using them to come up with a dynamic headline you know people will be looking for is a great formula to end up with search-friendly content you know your audience is already actively looking for.