15 Ways To Know That You're Obsessed With The Hamilton Soundtrack

You know the 10 Duel Commandments. Here are 15 more things you know.

39180
High Hopes: Teaching, Learning, Growing

By now, we all know about "Hamilton," the musical theatre production that has taken Broadway by storm. Lin-Manuel Miranda has been a household name and a "right-hand man" since last summer for most of us. However, there is an unspoken, yet infuriating, reality concerning the difficulty of actually securing a ticket to the live show on Broadway.

If you're anything like me, the soundtrack is the golden ticket to knowing Hamilton's life; it is something to take my mind off of the day. I love being able to invest in a heart-wrenching story about the life and career of Alexander Hamilton, the youngest of America's forefathers. Consequently, the catchy rap and entrancing love sagas have us all hooked. Here is a process to help you understand that you have an obsession with "A. Ham" and that you are "helpless."

1. First and foremost, there is this snippet of reality:

Knowing that you are physically unable to see the stage lights glistening on Anthony Ramos' hair or feel Lin-Manuel Miranda's nasal timbre resonate through the theatre is a little disheartening. The cast gets to experience this every. Single. Night!

2. You then start to realize your knowledge and talent and take it to the next level.

Yes, of course I can give you a ride. No, you may not change the track.

3. The quintessential car rides have paid off: your besties know Hamilton now.

Just hide and watch. #ClickBoom.

4. You just love it so much, you can get carried away and lose track of time.

What is sleep when you can listen to Hamilton for hours on end?

5. This is time well spent; you're pretty skilled at spitting rhymes by now.

"Yes, I heard your mother say, 'Come again!'"

6. You can't introduce yourself without having these lyrics hammer you in the head.

Be honest: this is the only French you know now.

Translation for the non-Hams: "Yes, yes, my friend, my name is Lafayette."

So sassy.

7. Just try to get your family to understand your obsession. It will happen.

"Tomorrow there'll be more of us telling the story of tonight."

8. You now like to say that you are musically cultured. Boast in it.

Man, I just know Lin-Manuel Miranda had a task on his hands to accurately depict American history while integrating modern artistry. He is a genius, and you should not be ashamed of your music taste.

9. Now you're hooked; the "ten-dollar founding father" is buying you stuff.

Well, not literally; he's dead. But you know what I mean. Now go close out your order for that Schuyler Sisters T-shirt before the sale ends!

10. Just admit that you've stalked Lin's Twitter and found some pretty gems.

Same, Lin, same. Now be our friend, please.

11. When you can finally stomach a replay, just prepare yourself.

Just take care of your precious feelings; "that would be enough."

12. We are all bitter toward Aaron Burr too; it's okay.

I say, A. Burr, "the fact that you're still alive is a miracle." I know that refers to your old orphan buddy A. Ham, but you are in just as much trouble.

13. Old buddy Lin has captured the American spirit along with our hearts.

"And if Alexander can get married," there's no telling what you can do if you put your mind to it.

14. If this is your daily reality, good luck. You'll have fun.

"Look around, look around, at how lucky we are to be alive right now!"

15. Try to remember the time when you weren't bugging your peers with legendary rhymes.

Congratulations on becoming a nerd who knows all about the ten-dollar Founding Father!