The Cosplay Channel Everyone Should Be Watching

NyxRising Industries - Join the Tribe

247

NyxRising Industries is a UK based cosplay channel started in 2015 by its founder and creator, Nyx. Since their start, they have gained almost 50K subscribers. That's 50,000 fans that love and support this channel and the amazing content they put out.

I found NyxRising one day, scrolling on YouTube looking for something to watch and I have been a loving fan ever since. Their cosplay content is television series-worthy and their normal, YouTube channel content is hilarious. But the sad thing is that not many people know about them. They are so underrated and deserve more.

Before I introduce their wide array of content material, I first must introduce the NyxRising team. Along with Nyx is Bee, Sasha, Chase, and Jack. Each member brings a unique contribution to the NyxRising team. Whether it be Nyx's writing, Bee and Sasha's amazing acting, Chase's videography, or Jack's interesting take on history (I will gush about that in a bit), each member is incredible and talented. They not only work amazingly together but also create content of their own on their personal channels.

NyxRising Industries has so much content spanning across many different fandoms. Everyone should be able to find something they enjoy. Here are just a few of their series and videos.

For fans of Harry Potter

@NyxRising

This is personally my favorite category of their's and the videos that made me a fan. They have plenty of Harry Potter content, including series and skits. Linked below are the first episodes to their series.

The Real Malfoys - a reality show-type series following the Malfoy family in the aftermath of the war

Marauders: Sonorus - a live radio show featuring the Marauders (James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter) during their time at Hogwarts (This is now 2 seasons!)

The Growing Pains of Harry Potter - a more serious series from NyxRising following Harry and his friends as they enter the adult world following the war and forgive some old rivals

The Dark Lord Wears Prada - a Harry Potter parody following Regulus Black and his (fashionable) shenanigans with the Dark Lord and other Death Eaters

Gone - A Marauders Music Video - this video is my absolute favorite, and while it's not part of a series, it's just as amazing on its own. I'll let you experience it for yourselves, but I would be lying if I didn't watch this 20 times and cry each time

For fans of Dragon Age

@NyxRising

I did not know what Dragon Age even was before NyxRising, and I still love this series. That is the beauty of NyxRising; they produce content that can be enjoyed by all, even if you're not necessarily a fan of it.

Kirkwall Coffee is a Modern Coffee Shop Dragon Age AU (that's "alternate universe" for those who don't know) that follows Merrill, Garrett and Carver Hawke, and Fenris as they try to run a coffee shop (and keep it open).

For fans of Welcome to Night Vale

@NyxRising

NyxRising features 2 WTNV universe series! The first is Night Vale Presents which follows Cecil and Carlos in Night Vale (2 seasons). Then they have Night Vale Presents: A Week with Strexcorp that follows Night Vale's evil doppelgangers in Desert Bluffs. Are you following, because I hope you are. These two series are both connected, as NyxRising has stated that the Strexcorp series acts as a bridge between episodes 4 and 5 of the original Night Vale Presents series.

For fans of Until Dawn

@NyxRising

The Blackwood Files is a found-footage series based off of the video game Until Dawn. This series is amazing, well-written, and filled with a talented cast who executed this series so well. However, I suggest you don't watch at night, because there are definitely some scary bits.

For fans of Detroit: Become Human

@NyxRising

I have yet to play this game myself, but that doesn't stop me from absolutely loving the content made! This video playlist features all of NyxRising's D:BH content, including hilarious skits, amazing makeup tutorials, and my personal favorite, their "This Is Gospel" Connor CMV (cosplay music video). The video gives me chills, and yes, I have seen it 15 times and made all of my friends watch it with me.

For fans of Marvel

@NyxRising

Avengers: Intermission is a series of short parodies featuring, you guessed it, the Avengers! These videos are hilarious, and my favorites are the Jimmy Kimmel parodies where they read out "mean tweets" to the Avengers. Plus, their makeup and costumes are amazing. Jack's Doctor Strange? Benedict Cumberbatch is quaking!

For fans of Dream Daddy

@NyxRising

Ah, yes, Dream Daddy. The Dad Dating Simulation found on Steam. NyxRising has a few playlists featuring these hot dad characters. One features skits, such as Dad Jokes and Parenting Tag parodies. Tales from the Cul-De-Sac is another series that tells of some local spooky stories. And another spooky series, On the Hunt, which is about Lucien, Damien's son, going with Robert to hunt some Cryptids. This may all seem crazy out of context, but trust me when I say, it's 10/10.

For fans of History

@NyxRising

You may be thinking, "History? How can a cosplay channel make videos about history? You can't cosplay history! History is boring!" and I'm here to tell you, you're wrong! Jack has taken historical events or time periods and made them funny, and well, rather silly. History: It's All A Little Bit Silly is a NyxRising original series featuring topics such as the Salem Witch Trials or WWI and turned them into fun and informational videos. My favorite is the one about the Roman Empire (Imperial Guards!) It may be a 48-minute episode, but I've watched it a million times now to the point where I can quote it. I've made my best friend loathe me for making her watch it a bunch of times as well. Sometimes, when I need a pick-me-up, I just watch the Emperor Caligula section over and over again. It's that good!

Of course, this is only the tip of the iceberg for what NyxRising has to offer, but I wanted to show how diverse their audience is. They have something for everyone! They also make videos on Life Is Strange, Let's Play videos, where they stream themselves playing video games like Outlast and many more, and usual YouTube video-type videos, like Challenge Videos and Unboxings. I implore you to check out their channel, their social media accounts, and their personal channels. Their ideas are so unique and creative, such as their new series for Les Mis fans, Barricade Boys, and they deserve all of the positive attention and love!