NYC's Top 10 Inexpensive Vegan Restaurants

The best spots that won't break the bank

951
http://styledujour.ca/

Everyone is aware that going to college in New York City is expensive. And while being a broke college student can be hard, being a broke vegan college student in NYC can be a tremendous challenge. We can't rely on that dollar slice pizza to fill us up when our bank accounts are low. So I went on the hunt to find the best budget friendly vegan spots in NYC that serve quality food with a low price tag.

Save these awesome places and check out other cool spots by clicking here.

1. by CHLOE

With super popular menu items like the Guac burger and Mac N' Cheese, by CHLOE is serving up the ultimate vegan cheat day meals. The best part, besides the mouthwatering food, is that every item on the menu is under $10. Also a little background info about the chef and partner, Chloe Coscarelli was the first vegan chef to ever win Food Network's "Cupcake Wars" television show.

Where: 185 Bleecker St, New York, NY 10012

Hours: 11AM-11PM

2. Red Bamboo

Red Bamboo is one my favorite restaurants in the city. It is the perfect spot for a nice night out with friends. They have a big menu selection that includes a variety of Asian cuisine and American food. (it can be hard to pick something, but I assure you everything is delicious). Definitely order the famous BBQ wings because even my non-vegan friends can't stop gushing about them. The spot is almost always busy and since it's a small space, expect a 20-minute wait to be seated.

Where: 140 West 4th Street, New York, NY 10012

Hours: 12:30PM - 11:30PM EVERY DAY

3. Terri NYC

Terri NYC is my go-to spot when I have a busy day and want to grab a quick (but filling) bite to eat. They serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, juices and smoothies, and dessert. My top picks are the avocado and hummus wrap, the Green Power smoothie, and the quesadilla. Also, all the items on the menu are under $12, making it a budget friendly option.

Where: 100 Maiden Ln, New York, NY 10038

60 W 23rd St, New York, NY 10010

Hours: Vary by location. Check http://terrinyc.com/

4. Beyond Sushi

With three locations around the city, there is no excuse to miss a meal at Beyond Sushi. The sushi is 100 percent plant-based (obvs) and made from a selection of fruits, veggies, and whole grains. The food is not only great tasting but it is great for you! It's also super economical, as all of the menu items are under $12!

Where: 229 E. 14th St. (Between 2nd & 3rd Ave) New York, NY 10003

75 9th Avenue (Between 15th & 16th St) New York, NY 10011

62 W 56th St. (Between 5th & 6th Ave) New York, NY 10019

Hours: Vary by location. Check http://beyondsushinyc.com/#contact-page

5. Blossom du jour

If you're looking for an inexpensive meal in a snap then look no further than Blossom du jour in Union Square. The menu has a wide variety of nutritious sandwiches, wraps, salads, all-day breakfasts (yes, all day), and customizable protein bowls. Also, the Union Square location offers a student discount with proof of Student ID!

Note: The other locations vary in menu/pricing

Where:

259 W. 23rd Street (between 7th & 8th Ave.) New York, NY 10011

617 9th Avenue (between 43rd & 44th St.) New York, NY 10036

165 Amsterdam Avenue (between 67th & 68th St.) New York, NY 10023

449 Amsterdam Avenue (between 81st & 82nd St.) New York, NY 10024

15 East 13th Street (between 5th Ave. & University) New York, NY 10003

Hours: Vary by location. Check http://blossomdujour.com/contact.html

6. V Life

A tiny joint near Penn Station serving up yummy vegan fast food. The place is a bit too small for me so I prefer to take my food to-go. Nonetheless, it offers a quality selection of burgers, brown rice dishes, wraps and mouth watering cajun fries you can't miss out on!

Where: 348 7th Avenue (29th&30th) 10001

Hours:

MON-FRI 9:00AM - 10:00PM

SAT-SUN 11:00AM- 9:00PM

7. V Spot

Indulge in V Spot's incredible vegan empanadas, nachos, California burgers, and more. The Latin American dishes are both delish and affordable!

Where:

156 5th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11217

12 Saint Marks Pl New York, NY 10003

241 E 24th St, New York, NY 10010

Hours: Vary by location

8.Peacefood Cafe

Peacefood Cafe is a casual sit-down style restaurant with a tantalizing menu including paninis, raw pizzas, and the famous chickpea fries. Dinner will only cost you between $12-30, making it an affordable night out.

Where: 460 amsterdam avenue @ 82nd street & 41 east 11th street @ university place

Hours: 10AM - 10PM EVERYDAY

9. Champs Diner

A retro vegan spot in Brooklyn with tasty vegan dishes. It's the perfect spot to go out with friends without breaking the bank.

Where:

197 Meserole St, New York, NY 11206

Hours: 8AM - 12AM EVERYDAY

10. Juice Press

Juice Press has a wide variety of cold pressed juices, smoothies, and raw food. As a Juice Press employee, I highly recommend the raw oatmeal, roasted veggie salad, and Brazilian smoothie to anyone in need of some healthy options on the go. Additionally, all the food items, juices, and smoothies are about $10-$12 making it a budget-friendly meal.

Where: Juice Press has locations all over NYC. Check https://juicepress.com/locations/ to find a spot near you

Hours: Vary by location