6 Important Aspects To Positive Thinking

Norman Vincent Peale teaches a lifetime's worth in one chapter.

841
http://slodive.com/inspiration/29-positive-inspirational-quotes-which-are-refreshing/

If you haven’t read "The Power of Positive Thinking"by Norman Vincent Peale, you should go pick up a copy and get started on it today. This article is based solely on the first chapter, and if you ask me, gaining this much insight on life from one chapter of a book is pretty damn great.

I love reading, but ever since the first quarter of college started, all the assigned textbook readings left me with no time to read the books that I actually want to read. So as I sat at my desk, studying for finals, I found myself slowly gaining more and more stress. I looked over to the six books I brought to college with me that have been sitting on my desk since move-in day. The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale seemed to be just what I needed in that moment. So I picked it up and decided to take a break from my studying and read the first chapter. Amazingly, the first chapter made a HUGE difference in my attitude already. And here are some things that I got from it:

1. One with sound self-confidence is one who has the ability to succeed.

I’m sure you all have heard the term, ‘confidence is key’. Well it’s true! Peale states in his book, “self-confidence leads to self-realization and successful achievement.”

2. Conquering the inferiority complex requires you to overflow your mind with faith.

Peale says, “Develop a tremendous faith in God and that will give you a humble yet soundly realistic faith in yourself.”

3. Don’t try to get through big problems with ordinary prayers.

When big problems arise, you are obligated to pray deep prayers. Peale reminds us that, “the bigger your problem, the the bigger your prayer should be.”

4. You are always less defeated than you think you are.

The reason why we have feelings of defeat is because we have fear of defeat occupying our minds out of habit. We need to get rid of this habit and fill our minds with positive thinking. For Peale says, “Practice confidence and faith and your fears and insecurities will soon have no power over you.”

5. There is one simple belief that is extremely powerful in helping you attain solid self-confidence.

Peale declares the simple teaching, “Almighty God will be you companion, will stand by you, help you, and see you through.” Believe in this, and it will work wonders for you.

6. Saying these simple words from the Bible can work wonders: “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me” (Philippians 4:13).

Say this before you get out of bed in the morning. Say it before a huge exam. Say it before you confront someone about your feelings. Say this several times throughout your day, and always remember that Christ will not fail you, instead he will give you the strength you need.