Nursing Has Inspired Me To Be The Best I Can Be

Every day I learn about saving lives and caring for people in difficult situations.

352
Photo by rawpixel.com on Unsplash

Every day, I learn about saving lives. I learn about caring for people who are in difficult situations and are looking to get back on their feet. I learn how to help these people; I learn how to save lives.

I have been inspired to save people ever since I was younger. The first time I was able to experience a nurse helping me, I knew I wanted to be just like that someday. Today, I find myself in the middle of nursing school, learning to be just like that nurse.

I have realized that learning to be a nurse takes so much more than passing classes and doing well on tests. It is about becoming a patient's advocate when they cannot advocate for themselves or being their comfort when no one else is around. Every part of me wants to work as hard as I can in nursing school so, someday, I can be there for my patients.

I go to my clinical rotations every week and get to experience exactly what it is going to be like once I graduate. I get my own patients and my own responsibilities. I am always so excited to meet my patient and their family and understand how I can help them get through a difficult situation.

I think I am fortunate because I have seen the hospital perspective from both sides. I am in the unique position where I have been both a patient and a caregiver. I was inspired to be a great nurse when I was a patient at Boston Children's Hospital and when I was a volunteer. Today, I am even more determined to be an incredible nurse.

Figuring out what your calling is can be a challenge. I knew the minute I walked into my first nursing class that I was in the right place. All of my professors so far have inspired me and have shown me what high quality nursing care looks like. In my classes, I have been pushed to my limits and challenged like I have never been challenged before. I have struggled through late study nights and early mornings, but I know that, in the end, it will all be worth it. Getting through these nearly impossible days will make me the great nurse I have the potential to become.

My future nursing career means so much more to me than just a job. I know it is my calling and is exactly where I am supposed to be. Every patient I treat will shape the nurse I am meant to become. Nursing has inspired me to be the best I can be, and for that I am forever thankful.