Don't Let The Numbers Define You

Don't Let The Numbers Define You

Your GPA and your weight do not determine your self-worth.

353
Don't Let The Numbers Define You
TeamGetFit

There is only one thing in the world that can define who YOU are: that thing is a person, and that person is YOU. Everything else is beyond your control. It is so easy to get caught up in all the little things in every day life that can bring you down, but it is important to remember that those little things do not define you. The numbers that pop up everywhere, pressuring you to have the most this, or the highest that, or the least percent of whatever—they do not define you.

So, here are numbers that don't define you:

1. The number on the scale.

You are more than your body weight. Tape a piece of paper over that number that says "I am worth more" and don't let that number consume you. The number on the scale does not tell you how healthy you are. The number on the scale does not tell you how much of that number is muscle mass. The number on the scale does not tell you how beautiful you are. The number on the scale does not tell you how good you looked in your new dress. The number on the scale does not tell you how loved you are.

2. The amount of money in your bank account.

Wealth is not determined by money. Wealth is determined by love and happiness and relationships. The amount of money in your bank account does not make you more or less than anyone.

3. The number of likes that you got on that photo.

Less than the magic number eleven or over a thousand, you are not defined by that number. You are not how many likes you get, that should never determine your self worth as a human. The number of likes on your photo does not tell you how beautiful and unique and real you are.

4. Your GPA.

Contrary to your parents beliefs or your academic advisor's beliefs, your GPA does not define you. Your GPA does not tell you how hard you worked to get that C in that really hard class. Your GPA does not tell you that sometimes you just crack under the pressure of an exam despite having studied all week for it. Your GPA cannot measure your level or intelligence or hard work.

...and here are the numbers that do:

1. How many times you laughed today.

The gut wrenching, can't stop, this is the funniest thing on Earth, laugh that you share with people you love and care about.

2. The number of times you made someone else smile today.

The simple acts of kindness that can go a long way in a chain reaction.

3. The number of good days you had this week.

Allowing yourself to take a deep breath and and soak in the beautiful life you have been given. Appreciating what you have, what you have done and who you are and being content with that. Not letting things that are out of your control bring you down and accepting them for what they are.