Now Is The Most Precious Time

Now Is The Most Precious Time

Now will never come again.

23
Now Is The Most Precious Time
Sarah Brooks

I tend to have lofty goals.

Growing up in 4-H, I was raised to have an end goal and a purpose to pursue, and to learn along the way. I have brought those principles with me throughout my adulthood, whether that be personally or professionally. Today is no different; I have goals I want to pursue in my career and in my life.

At the beginning of this year, I decided I wanted to focus on three things: faith, fitness, and finances.

And guess what? In the craziness of this year, I really haven't had success. That was probably because I did not set my intentions or start pursuing the end result - I had vague goals with no end in sight.

I am reminded of a quote from Captain Picard in Star Trek: The Next Generation:

If now is most precious, why aren't we seizing the moment to make the most of our lofty goals?

Over the last couple months, I have started heavily pursuing my goals within faith, fitness, and finance - starting to define what I wanted those things to look like in my life and taking large steps towards achieving it.

At the moment it feels like hard work with some of these, and it's not easy, but if we make now most precious at all times when pursuing our goals, it will make the future so much brighter.