November Favorites

November Favorites

These are a few of my favorite things.

10
November Favorites
Tumblr

Thanksgiving is behind us and you could really call it Christmastime. If you're really feeling yourself, you could call it December. This past month went by so fast as it does every year (duh Haley, it's November), but even in the speed, I've found a few traffic stoppers – seriously thought that was so funny.

The monthly Spotify playlist.

As always... From new Weeknd noise to older Norah Jones tunes, this playlist has the same alternative, rhythm, and blues, driving with your eyes closed, laying on the sunset sound that you have to hear to believe.

Hiking

Not at all a new fave of mine, but I tried to get a last few sight sees in these past few weeks before it got too cold. It's easy to just go to the same spots we always do, but in the spirit of change, sometimes it's nice to see things you haven't before. A great app/website to do this is All Trails. You can search just about anywhere and it will spit out trails around there attached with pictures, reviews, and directions. You can even save certain trails you want to do and interact with other people! Just what you need I know.

Time

As weird as it sounds, recently I've learned that there is a point to the seconds on the clock and not to take advantage of them. What I mean by this is for example, imagining each day as a clean piece of paper. Instead of having things to check off on the paper or things you look forward to, good or bad, leave it clean. Don't have any expectations for what could happen that day and the natural order of the next 24 hours will surprise you. I'm not kidding, when you start to look at your days like this, you will find yourself less stressed and happier- not kidding!

This quote

The following quote actually had me silent for a few seconds, followed by laughing with my roommate because I probably let a few flies in my mouth. When someone begins to get close to you, they initially see how you look on the outside and then when you start talking to them, they begin to read you. They see what you laugh at, what you judge, who you surround yourself with, etc. But in the midst of all this they begin to see what may have hurt you. I think when we think about the trauma and experiences we've gone through, we have this idea that it's forever branded on our chest and tattooed on our forehead. We have to have struggled more than someone else to be considered strong or we have to have overcame something terrible to know sadness and then call ourselves happy. But in reality, we are not a reflection of those who can't love us. We shouldn't stress about people who don't see our true potential. I think when we realize this and begin to love those who love us, we will truly be unstoppable.

Local coffee shops

I say local as in one-of-a-kind, not really the chain type. You will find that local coffee shops will often have better drinks, baked goods, and unnecessary but necessary things to spend your money on. They also often come with pretty ambient lighting and cool music to sit under. This month I've found myself wanting to study and be productive here more so than the usual library and hot drinks are obviously really in right now.

Flowers, and more specifically, this cool Instagram

Something that's way more in than just paying attention to people you don't talk to on social media is following other people you don't know that post cool things. This is one of my favorite types of these people. @floretflower is a family of 4 located in Washington, who have the coolest flower farm E V E R. They post the prettiest pictures/videos of plants they grow in theme of the season and I believe they even sell a few on their website. Seriously so pretty and it makes me want to have a flower farm or become a closet florist.

Lists

I've always been a list girl and anyone who knows me would tell you that. Not necessarily a planning girl, but a list girl yes. It's so so nice to go to the grocery and cross things off or document quotes or songs that you hear out and about and the 239 notes in my phone would tell you that (okay maybe I have a problem). Regardless, a list I've enjoyed keeping track of is the first in the book 52 Lists for Happiness Journal. The first week says to write down everything that makes you happy. The effort in this is that even if you only do one of these things in a day, you are working at something that makes you happy and I have definitely said the word 'happy' 52 times now. You don't at all have to get the book, but I do encourage you to take out some paper or make a list on your phone and try to do one of these things often, whether it's eating donuts or taking a bath. So easy to be full.

Tune in a month from now to see the new new.