6 Quotes From 'This Is Why It’s Harder For Introverts To Fall In Love' That Will Make You Want To Be Forever Alone

"Notice how nothing will ever be as filling as knowing who you are before giving yourself to someone."

58
coastia.tumblr.com

I wouldn't describe myself as an extrovert, and I am way too obsessed with my best friends to be an introvert. I think there should be a term for someone who is a little of both. Someone who cancels plans to be silently consumed by a good book but has found unexplained moments of bliss in a crowded room.

I think being an introvert has been looked at as a negative thing. Someone who has a hard time making friends, the awkward loner at the party or the one who uses “being an introvert” as an excuse for being single.

"This Is Why It's Harder For Introverts To Fall In Love," an article on Thought Catalog, by Bianca Sparacino, talks about the science behind why introverts do, in fact, have a harder time falling in love. No, not because they are loners, sit in dark rooms or can’t form a coherent sentence in front of crushes.

I've realized it’s because they are too busy painting the silence they submerge themselves in with the colors of a beautiful awareness. When they’re sitting on the beach, fixated on the horizon, it’s because they are memorizing the colors of the wind. The shallow emptiness that comes with filling precious moments with people who are a distraction from the world is too painful. They would rather have a love affair with the places around them because they haven't found someone as mesmerizing as the lingering seconds of a sunrise.

1. “We have the time to pause and look and truly devour a scene, a smell, a stranger’s face.”

2. “We notice more things when we’re alone, scenes unfold before our eyes like cinematic paintings.”

3. “Time doesn’t slip away like sand between our toes when we are our own company.”

4. “It’s just that we enjoy the company of the world more.”

5. “It’s hard to find someone who understands that our homes are an oasis, that books and blankets and backyards filled with pine trees will always win over the loudness and the intensity of a night on the town.”

6. “It’s just hard to find someone who doesn’t rush, rush, rush the world.”

Be alone. Eat alone. Memorize the direction your thoughts travel with the seconds that pass by. Sit in your favorite coffee shop and draw the passing faces with your eyes. Notice how nothing will ever be as filling as knowing who you are before giving yourself to someone.