Note to self...five years ago

Note to self...five years ago

What could you say to yourself five years ago?

7
Note to self...five years ago

My dear self,

You will not believe what happens five years from now. That's right, I am from the future, here, to give you some reminders. I am always proud of how far we have come, through all the crap thrown at us, we always make it through.

Not everything will work out how you thought it would.

Guess what? Somethings you thought would build your future will not work out and that's okay. That is something we have to learn to accept and move on. It is not the end of the World and that is just life, it is constantly moving. Find your passion and hold it close to yourself.

Stay optimistic.

Life happens. Keep your head up, ALWAYS. Find the sunshine in the days that are dark and gloomy. You will notice how much of a difference that can make in a day. This not only benefits yourself, but also the people surrounding you.

Stick to your TRUE self.

Never let anyone change or alter what you believe in. When all else fails, you always have yourself to rely on. Don't lose sight of that.

BOYS.

Life is full of lessons and let me just tell you, you will feel like you are being dragged through the dirt with this one. There are 7.3 billion people on this Earth. Don't go searching for something when you have your own things to worry about, sure, you will feel pressured to. But, don't ever settle until you find a person who supports your dreams and goals. Which, you won't because girls mature faster than boys (;

Believe in yourself!

There will be times when you can only rely on yourself. Never, ever stop believe in what you can accomplish. Without even knowing it, it always comes down to yourself and that's it. If you have no belief in yourself, you will be lost. Never compare yourself to others. Every successful person was once an ordinary face in the crowd, grappling with the ladder to success. There will always be doubts and have very limited access to some resources that you take for granted.

Mistakes are good. Taking a wrong turn allows you to backtrack and sear the incorrect road into memory, never to be taken again. Sometimes the journey of a single step starts with a thousand miles in the opposite direction.

As your future self comes to an end of her college career, I have experienced A LOT of obstacles that have taught and formed who we are as a person. As for this little tid bit of advice, never forget who you are and why life is taking you through the dirt.

Good luck.. love always,

Kelsey

Related Articles Around the Web