A Thank You Note To My Boyfriend For The Best Six Months

Happy Anniversary!

76313
https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2017/11/14/636462805697214099-665090813_6BFD74D4-3104-4C8A-997B-08433747DB76.JPG

A note to my boyfriend for the best six months

I spent my whole life fantasizing over my “perfect” dream guy with a list of “unrealistic” expectations that seemed so important to me. If they weren’t perfect, I wasn’t interested.

That was until, I met you. You’ve taught me that our imperfections are what make us perfect. You’ve showed me the value of life in even the littlest things you do for me.

It’s crazy to think that only 6 months ago we barely knew each other. 182 days you weren’t my best friend, and 4,380 hours ago you weren’t the love of my life. You have helped me in ways that you will never know, and I just want to say thank you.

Before I met you, I didn’t realize how scared I was to try things, so thank you for giving me the courage to live life more “on the edge”. Thanks for opening my eyes to new experiences that have enabled me to grow as a person and shape who I am today.

The countless memories we have together are ones that will be in my heart forever. The amount of love found within them is enough to withhold forever.

In honor of the six months we have shared together, here are six things I love about you.

You never judge me

At times, I know I can have a million flaws, but you’ve never once made me feel bad about them. In fact, you’ve never made me feel like they are flaws, but rather they’re what make me, me.

My endless rants

Let me tell you, there is always drama with someone or about something and you are always my go to person to rant about it. I’m so thankful you’ve accepted my endless conversations about problems and issues I know you’d rather not be involved with.

My coffee addiction has worn off on you

I’ll never forget our first date when you took me Starbucks and bought my favorite drink, and when I asked you if you wanted anything you said “never”. Now, you ask ME to get a Pumpkin Spice Latte (sorry your secret is out), and I LOVE it.

We are the same person

This has it perks and its disadvantages. Because as much as I’m stubborn and want things a certain away, you’re the same way. This is definitely why we butt heads so much, but also why we have such a strong bond.]

You’ve made me a part of your life

So many boyfriends treat their girlfriends as “objects” or separate from their family. But you have made me feel needed in your life. You’ve let me be a part of so many wonderful experiences with your friends and family I am forever grateful.

You care [too] much

I know saying someone cares “too” much is so overrated, but you do and I love that about you. I know you worry because you care. You do things for me because you care. And most importantly, I know I can trust you with my whole heart because you care.

If only our unexpected meeting would have foreshadowed all the crazy things we have been through. Thank you for an amazing half a year, and I can’t wait to spend many more with you.