5 Not-So-Merry Christmas Traditions
Christmas

5 Not-So-Merry Christmas Traditions That We Just Can't Quit

Ah, the fresh smell of the vacuum picking up the pieces of tree that keep falling from the floor.

35
Columbia Pictures

Every year, like clockwork, the same things ALWAYS happen on or around Christmas. Like...

I wake up way too early

Honestly, it is not like I am trying to wake up early. I can't help it if my body wants me to be up when no one else does. This is definitely a tradition of me stomping around waking up the whole family for presents.

Someone is going to break something

We can't get through a Christmas without someone breaking something. Whether it's a mug full of coffee, or a new iPhone, something is going to break.

The tree will fall down

Maybe it is just our family, but honestly, there are so many times that the tree falls, either by us or our cat... or our other cat.

Someone will be unhappy 

Don't you wish you could be as happy as the kid that got the avocado? That is just not a realistic thing is it? Someone will be a little sad or upset about not getting something, or getting something and not liking it.

We will not be on the same page for the rest of the day

You know when everyone had a different idea of what they were doing that day? No one is ever on the same page, whether it's church or grandma's house or even whose car to take. Let the fighting begin.