My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Traditions

My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Traditions

Christmas in my home has always been where I feel most connected to my family and here is why.

34
My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Traditions
https://pixabay.com/en/christmas-tree-ornaments-christmas-1149619/

Christmas Eve Brunch 

Every year since I can remember, my family has hosted our extended family for Christmas Eve brunch. It consists of good food, my favorite being the ham, catching up with the college students, and I think everyone's favorite: opening presents. I have found a lot of joy in gathering the day before Christmas and I still get the feeling of excitement when my whole family shows up to my home.

Waiting at the top of the stairs 

Waiting at the top of the stairs on Christmas morning is something, I realize, will not be a tradition much longer. When I was little, my older brother and I would wait at the top of the stairs so that my dad could go down stairs and make sure the lights were on and the presents were organized. it has been something we have continued to do. But, since my days of Santa are coming to an end, I know it is something that will eventually end. Although waiting at the top of the stairs is ending for me, it is something I will never forget about Christmas mornings.

My dad's corny pictures 

Every Christmas morning, my dad has to pull out his camera and take pictures. I find it corny in the moments, but being able to look back on those memories is one of my favorite things. My favorite photo is from middle school when I recieved One Direction tickets and my dad caught one of my most emotional faces yet.

The pets get presents too!

After presents are open, we move on to the stockings. My cats, of course, get filled stocking too. it is at least 20 minutes of entertainment watching them play with their new toys, go crazy over catnip and make the house a mess. If you have pets, i highly recommend buying them some toys, it makes for some fun!

Christmas dinner 

Christmas day comes to an end, but there is still good food to be had. I love getting together with my family one last time for the season and hearing about everyone's day. Luckily, I still have younger cousins and it is so much fun talking to them about what Santa put under their tree. I am thankful for this time spent with family. Happy Holidays to every one!