6 Christmas Traditions I Love

6 Christmas Traditions I Love

Tis The Season

10
6 Christmas Traditions I Love
Allie Daniel

'Tis the Season. We all have our traditions around this time of year. I love Christmas so much that I wanted to share some traditions that I can't wait for!

1. Decorating the Christmas tree.

Alright, so this one was done over Thanksgiving Break, but I love this tradition so much that I had to include it in this article. At my house, the kids each get a new ornament each Christmas, so it's always nice to see the new additions to the tree.

2. Christmas Cookies.

And lots of them. Molasses, raisin-filled, Hershey's Kiss, and my favorite, sugar cookies. I wouldn't miss the annual sugar cookie decoration for the world.

3. Christmas Lights.

One thing I love about Christmas is seeing all the Christmas lights around the neighborhoods . My dad put up our lights over Thanksgiving Break, a tradition that he started years ago. My favorite part about Christmas lights is that my family still drives around on Christmas Eve, looking at all the lights.

4. Christmas Movies

I don't know about you, but I could sit around on the couch all day and watch sappy Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel. And we all know that Elf is one of the best Christmas movies ever. "Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color?"

5. Christmas Mass

There's just something about singing "Joy to the World" at the end of Mass that makes my heart leap for joy (pun intended). Don't ever forget the reason for the season.

6. Seeing Family.

My siblings come home, and we're all together for a while. Nothing is better than hanging out with my siblings after a semester of hard work and stress. Not to mention, I get to go to multiple family gatherings, where card games bring out the best (and worst) in us, and grandma's Christmas cookies are available for the taking.