Being A Child Of God, And Also A Child Of Divorced Parents.

Radiate poisitivity, even though this season is exhausting!

7
wp.com

During the holiday season, having divorced parents becomes an even bigger job. Celebrating Christmas while hopping from home to home can be very stressful, but also filled with a lot of joy. So here are a few words to remember for kids like me, who have to spread the holiday cheer around about 10 different family gatherings.

The Love of Family

This is one of the best seasons of the year, and being off school allows us to be with family from all over the country. Even though the travel can seem unending, going from moms house to dads, and back and forth again. This season really allows you to sit back and realize the love that is available to you, if you are willing to see it. The support of family is our backbone, which you should never go without and helps us to be the person we are. Also, getting to see family members that you only see a few times a year can allow for growth and lots of conversation! Although a lot of them are about the same things…

The Gifts

Whether they are big or small, material or spiritual, you can’t deny we get a lot! Not only does everyone feel the need to hand me something for Christmas, there are also a billion smiles and hugs given to me as well. The best gift I receive during the holiday season is the joy in seeing my family, and little cousins, who I only occasionally get to see. Material things can be nice sometimes, but I get to the point where I don’t want or need anything. All I need is the love and support of my family to keep me confident and strong throughout the year. But it can be a lot, so keep the positive attitude and smile, because sometimes you have to fake it until you make it.

The Christmas Spirit

I think one of the most important things to remember this season is to realize the true meaning of Christmas. This is not all about the gifts, and the parties… but about Jesus and the love of God. Christmas has so many varying symbols and is one of the most important celebrations for Christianity. A lot of people celebrate this holiday, but never mention the true meaning, go to church, or even pray during the celebration. When really, that is the only way to celebrate! So even though it can be chaotic and stressful, try and keep in mind why you are really celebrating.

So get lots of sleep, because this season is really exhausting!