I am not normal

I am not normal

Think

17
I am not normal

When I talk about normal, I am talking about being heterosexual. Saying that being heterosexual is "normal" kind of sucks and I hate that it is used to describe being normal. Every sexuality should be the norm and we should treat it as such, but the world isn't ready for that. I decided to learn more about the different sexualities, the "others" that aren't really listed because they aren't mainstream.

I love being a demisexual, but it sucks when you can't let your partner give you pleasure because you won't be able to enjoy it. You can still allow them to do it and I say allow because you should be cool with them doing it. I don't get any pleasure with sexual acts anymore and truthfully, I haven't really felt much. It has been a while since I felt the joy of being heterosexual and that was just a fake joy. That fake joy was the best because I was hidden by this veil and I didn't have to deal with anything complicated. I just had fun and I didn't care what I was, but sometimes I did.

If you are a part of the "other" then you know that there are periods where we are awakened in a sense. Our sexual urges arise from nothing and it is in two words, a nuisance. It sucks when this happens because you can't do anything about it and if you do then you would be basically using someone just to get rid of the feelings. I would hate myself if I did that because I don't like to be used, so why would I use someone.

While being secure in your sexuality is fun, it is a lot of work and effort to be different. You want to be normal because you want to be like everyone else. You want to just have fun sometimes, but you are looked down when you do it. When will we stop being looked down on for being us? I have no idea, but I am happy not being normal.