Not Just Food, But Thanksgiving Too!

Not Just Food, But Thanksgiving Too!

There are many things to be thankful for, don't lose sight of them!

3
Not Just Food, But Thanksgiving Too!
University of Wisconsin-Madison

With Halloween having come and gone, it is now time to get into the holiday spirit with Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years coming around. While the last few months have been rough for several reasons, Thanksgiving allows us time to reflect. While so much negative can take hold, there is always the positive to remember. It is important to keep these things in mind, not just now, but throughout the year.

I'm thankful for my cat! My cat's name is Harold, and I'm sure that you have seen some of his recent works, parts one and two. Harold is quite the photogenic cat and has a great personality. He always welcomes you at the door, and love being picked up. While he is not a lap cat, he enjoys a good belly rub from time to time and loves being the king of his domain. Harold is a great source of stress relief and sets the relaxing tone at home.

I am thankful for my education and my educators. I have been lucky enough to have successfully completed high school and now almost my undergraduate degree. I strongly believe in the value of hard work and dedication, but I could not have done it without the support of our educators.

I am thankful for my ability to work. I currently have two jobs, one at school and one at home. I clean hotel rooms as a housekeeper and tutor students in writing as a Writing Consultant. I am thankful that I have the physical and mental ability to complete these jobs successfully to not only help myself but to help the people that benefit as a result of me doing my jobs.

I am thankful for altruism. Selfless concern is so important, especially with the world we live in today, as well as with recent events. Whether it be holding the door for someone, skipping a review session to support a friend, or showing up late to a meeting to help someone change a flat tire, it is crucial to recognize the full impact of our actions. And for those who receive random acts of kindness, I thankful for the people that return those acts, and help to strengthen the world around us.

I am thankful for my family and friends. They have always been there for me and have supported me throughout my life. Through the ups and downs of life, they are always there to lend a hand. They are friendly, intelligent, and genuine, and I give them all the credit in the world. Without them, I would not be the person that I am today, and I am grateful every day for their support, their presence, and their friendship.

Remember not to lose sight of everything positive in your life. While there are moments of negativitly, there are always those things to remember.