What It's Like To Never Feel Like You're Enough
Mental Health

It's sad because you question if you'll ever be able to be enough.

178

Have you ever given something your all, and it just isn't sufficient?

I feel as if I give absolutely everything I do, the world, and I just always still seem to fall short. I am trying my hardest, but it's as if that doesn't matter. I'm tired of constantly feeling defeated.

I feel underappreciated and like no one cares or notices all the effort that goes into my actions. There's always something they change or critique. It can never just be perfect. There's a flaw in everything, and the negatives are always addressed instead of the positives.

I can feel myself starting to lose my mind, I'm starting to give up. I put so much effort, and for what?

It's sad. When you had such a passion and love for something, and then you just don't. You question what the point is in draining yourself to just be ripped to shreds.

I am trying, and I feel like no one can see that. I am doing my best. I am.

When do you give up? Do you give up? Do you feed into the negativity and quit? Or do you stick through the storm and hope that there is a rainbow. I'm scared. I'm scared that I'm sitting through this storm, only to find out that there is no rainbow at the end.

I think everyone feels like this at some point in their life like they truly give the world to something or someone, and it just feels like a dead end. I think one of the hardest decisions is that decision of do I continue to fight or do I wave my white flag.

Just know, that you are enough. I know you might not feel like it, but you are, and you're doing a good job.