I'm Not Even A Little Surprised That My Big Became My Best Friend

And she made a BIG impact.
299

The most exciting part of joining any sorority is Big/Little Reveal, no questions asked. Mine was certainly no exception. I only knew a few initiated girls before my reveal, and I'll admit, I was nervous. I wasn't sure who she could be and I didn't know what to expect after I got to know her.

When a sheet was dropped during my Big/Little Reveal and my big was standing there, I was so excited! I already knew I liked her, but I had no idea I'd grow to love her as much as I have.

The weeks leading up to my initiation consisted of getting coffee once a week, just getting to know each other. It wasn't until after I was initiated and we went to our first semi-formal together that we really started to become close friends. But, thank God we did.

Since then, she has become a rock in my life, someone I can call and would come running to me when I need her. She is my favorite morning coffee date and the best Thursday night Moe's vs. Chipotle argument. She's someone who always keeps me in check.

The best thing about being able to call her my big and a best friend is that I have someone who can guide me every day. I can go to her in need of advice about classes, with questions about anything Greek, or general complaints about life. She stays honest with me and we know we can lean on each other. She tells me when she knows I'm right and she calls me out when I'm grumpy and need a nap, and I think that's the best kind of friend anyone could ask for.

Not every Big/Little relationship is as amazing as mine, so I know I'm blessed to have her. She makes me excited about Greek Life and more confident every day!