We May Not Be Blood, But We Are Forever

We May Not Be Blood, But We Are Forever

I'm not going to let anyone try and tell me otherwise.

12
https://www.pexels.com/photo/child-wearing-white-crew-neck-shirt-89414/

Read this when you are older so that you can understand.

We are not blood.

You may know this, or you may not yet. Regardless, it will be a shock at first, but the truth has to come out. You are old enough to make your own decisions, so you can choose to call me whatever you want. But I will forever call you my brother.

In the beginning, it was weird to call you my stepbrother, so I changed my ways. It was easier to call you my brother, and I felt that my feelings were mutual with yours. We are not blood, but we are forever.

I'm writing this to you now, and today, you are five years old. You are in preschool and learning more every day. As you get older, you will get a letter from me every now and then. This is just to let you really know how proud I am of you, of my brother.

I did not choose our meeting. You did not choose this, either. But we had no idea it was coming. Through this, I chose to be your sister. I could have walked away, but I chose to stand by you, and I will continue to do so.

We may not be blood, but we are forever. I know this may confuse you if we don't tell you. Eventually, you will know. You have all the right to know, but I really hope you understand.

I hope there is no resentment. We are not really keeping it a secret. When you are old enough, you will see the real reasons behind everything.

We love you with all of our hearts, and we want you to do the best you can to succeed. There is no doubt. I will be here every step of the way; sometimes not in person as I am way older than you, but always in your heart.

We may not be blood, but we are forever. You are growing up with us and you will realize that we are getting older, too. We are way older than you, and we will be going in our own ways soon. Just know that you will never be alone. You are not an only child. You have us for good, guaranteed.

I love you, Baby. Always remember that.