All Lives Do Not Matter

All Lives Do Not Matter

See the other side to every story. Try to understand. Be compassionate.

9
All Lives Do Not Matter
Relevant Magazine

This is for the people who are angry over the Black Lives Matter movement. "All lives matter" is usually the comeback for those who don't agree. Well I'm here to tell you that that's not true. For Americans, "some lives that I think are important and I care about matter" is the real mantra.

There has been tragedy all over the world. The Middle East and European countries especially are experiencing mass casualties due to terrorist attacks and bombings. Now, Americans can usually get behind and support those cities like Paris and Brussels, but what about those innocent lives in the Middle East who are dying every day? It seems like those are the people we are fighting against, but they're not. They're actually the people who are trying to survive and escape to our country. We're turning them away. All lives do not matter.

Let's go back to Paris and Brussels. We all change our Facebook photo to have a Paris flag filter and spread a hashtag that says pray for Brussels, but what are we actually doing? We're not donating money, we're not donating resources, we're not volunteering, we're not trying to help in any way because it is not convenient for us. Our loved ones and the people we care about are safe and we spent the five minutes of our day being sad and sharing something on social media, so we did our duty. All lives do not matter.

There is gun violence all over the country. I'm not saying we need to take guns away, but no one is doing anything. People are upset because the government is trying to take away their guns. It's not. It's trying to make stricter laws on how to obtain a gun. I know if someone really wants to kill someone they probably will either do it another way or find a gun, but isn't it worth a shot? Doing something is better than doing nothing. Thinking that our country is fine the way it is and not wanting any sort of change is a clear sign that to you, all lives do not matter.

People not of the white race have suffered for a long time from segregation, racism and prejudice. The fact that African Americans are standing up for their race is nothing that anyone should be angry about. I don't see firefighters or paramedics getting angry over the Police Lives Matter movement. It's because they know they are not the ones being targeted. Blacks are being targeted, not whites. If they don't stand up for their race, no one else will. If the Black Lives Matter movement bothers you, then all lives do not matter.

If you think gang violence is OK as long as they kill one another, then all lives do not matter. If you want refugees to be turned away, then all lives do not matter. If you found yourself thinking that it's OK the people in Orlando were killed because they were gay, then all lives do not matter. If you don't think there is a problem with violence, racism, segregation, prejudice and stereotyping in our country, then all lives do not matter.

Love everyone. Some people were raised rough. Some weren't raised at all. Don't be quick to judge. See the other side to every story. Try to understand. Be compassionate.

Because black lives matter. Police lives matter. Muslim lives matter. Refugee lives matter. Latino lives matter. Veteran lives matter. Rich lives matter. Poor lives matter. Native lives matter. Gay lives matter. Female lives matter. All lives matter. All lives matter.