8 Signs You Are Absolutely NOT a Morning Person

8 Signs You Are Absolutely NOT A Morning Person

Honestly, waking up early just makes me miserable.

61

There are some people who thrive in the morning. Then there are some people who hardly function at all. If you're anything like me, you're the latter of the two. Here are some signs that you hate being up early with all your heart.

1. Your only motivation to get out of bed is coffee

Ah, coffee. My second true love — aside from sleep. Coffee is the one thing that makes getting out of bed early at least somewhat enjoyable. Knowing that I get to wake up and enjoy a cup of greatness is motivation enough to get me out of bed in the morning.

2. You set multiple alarms and snooze them ALL

I purposely set more than one alarm every single morning because I ALWAYS hit snooze. I could literally hit snooze 10 times and not even realize it. My body is just like, no sis, we sleeping.

3. If you have to be up before 10 a.m., you're miserable

Honestly, waking up early just makes me miserable. I'm tired, cranky, and forced to do things I don't want to do at an early hour. Just let me sleep all day, please.

4. No matter how much sleep you get, you still want to go back to bed

Maybe it's just me, but I am literally ALWAYS tired. I could sleep for 10 hours and still want to crawl back into bed. I could get eight hours and still be dying for a cup of coffee to wake me up. It's ridiculous, but sleep controls me.

5. Early morning responsibilities are your worst nightmare

Sometimes those early morning classes or work shifts are simply unavoidable. Not only do I have to wake up at an ungodly hour, but I have to be responsible? No, thanks.

6. You have no problem with sleeping until noon 

Some people prefer to wake up earlier, even when they have no obligations in the morning in order to avoid being unproductive. I, on the other hand, have no issue with sleeping until noon when I have the rare opportunity to do so. Sleep is my one true love and I will be taking full advantage of such a joyous occasion.

7. You're in a bad mood until it's a reasonable hour and you've had coffee

I personally am hardly functioning until I have my Dunkin' iced coffee in my hand. Don't talk to me until I've had my coffee. Seriously.

8. You cherish the days you get to sleep in as late as you want

For us busy working college students, the days that we get to sleep in are near and dear to our hearts. Because we have such little time to sleep, when we finally do have a day to sleep until noon, DO NOT wake us up.