What Getting Your Nose Pierced Feels Like To Someone Who Has Zero Pain Tolerance
popular

The few seconds of the pain are completely worth it.

48682

For anyone that personally knows me, they know that when it comes to literally any sort of pain that I am the biggest baby about it.

I have never been good with pain, not that anyone really is, but I have always been a little extra whiny about even the tiniest levels of pain. I know somewhere out in the world that there is someone just as dubious about pain as I am but for now, I'm just going to take the cake on this one. After receiving a sprained wrist, two concussions and plenty of other battle wounds throughout my life, I decided that I was particularly scared of the idea of pain, so I never really tend to put myself in situations that could easily inflict pain anymore.

Of course, no one (most people, at least) enjoys the feeling of pain and being hurt, I always seem to overdo the reaction of being hurt, sometimes even out of habit which can often turn out to be quite embarrassing for me, but I know that there are certainly other people who are just as or maybe even more babyish like me.

With all that being said, I have three piercings on each ear and my newest addition is a nose ring. Although getting my ears pierced wasn't pleasant at all, it wasn't necessarily the worst pain I have ever felt. I can for sure tell you right now that getting your ears pierced twice in one day is not a smart idea at all. My best advice is to space out the times that you get your ears pierced, it was extremely painful for me because I added my second and third piercing in one day and that left my poor ears very warm and sore and super unpleasant. In general, a simple ear piercing is not someone with zero pain tolerance like myself can't handle. If there is any pain, it is for about a second and then your ears feel fine. Getting a nose piercing is definitely a different experience than getting your ears pierced.

To begin with...

1. You typically can only receive a nose piercing from the same place you receive tattoos.

2. Your eyes will water.

3. It will hurt.

This was a completely different scenery than what I was used to since getting my nose pierced was the first time I have ever even stepped into a tattoo parlor. Think about going to a Clair's to receive your ear piercings and then having to go to the tattoo parlor to get your nose pierced. It is certainly a different scene. Getting my nose pierced in a tattoo parlor was not off-putting at all, but it was something I was not used to in the slightest.

Naturally, anything that might be slightly painful to your nose like hitting it, piercing it, etc., it will most like cause your sinuses to act up. This is completely normal. For someone known as the biggest cry baby ever, I did not cry or shed a tear BUT naturally, my left eye did water a bit because that is the side I got it pierced on. Completely normal.

Everyone has different pain tolerances, but for someone like me who has literally no pain tolerance at all, this process isn't all sunshine and rainbows. Although it was not my worst experience dealing with pain, it also was high up on the list. When my sister received her nose piercing, she described it as just getting a normal ear piercing. Now, anyone who has ever gotten their ears pierced knows that it is typically easy and painful for about a half of a second. I have never had any issues with an ear piercing being too painful so I was feeling better about getting my nose pierced, except I was wrong. Although getting my nose pierced was a very quick process, it was also painful.

You should keep in mind that you're getting a needle pushed through some pretty thick cartilage, it is not a painless process, but it is quick. After the needle went through, it was smooth sailing from there. There may be some pressure but nothing too bad. For me, putting in the ring was completely painless, but I also got a ring and not a stud so I cannot speak for those who got a stud, but from what I have gathered, when putting in the stud it is a painful experience, but worth it!

To me, getting my nose pierced was a nerve-wracking and painful experience but one that I do not regret one bit! I absolutely love my piercing and I am so glad that I finally broke down and got it done. The place that I got it done was clean and gave great service and the lady that did my piercing made things go super smooth and she made me feel less nervous by talking to me and calming down my nerves. I was very pleased with the service and respect that I received from the place that I got my piercing done. If you're thinking about getting your nose pierced but are too nervous, don't be.

I love my piercing and I am so glad that I got it done. The few seconds of the pain are completely worth it.