10 Non-Disney Throwback Songs We Need To Remember

These throwback songs are childhood classics. Never forget.
54

When talking throwback songs, people tend to forget the ones that weren't on Disney. Don't get me wrong, I like the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus as much as the next person, but listed below are some non-Disney classics that deserve more recognition:

1. Check Yes Juliet by We The Kings

Admit it, this song made all of us want to elope with our middle school boyfriends and girlfriends.

2. Dirty Little Secret by All American Rejects

This song was unifying for people; even today, people continue to comment their "Dirty Little Secrets" under the video on YouTube.

3. How You Remind Me by Nickelback

A TRUE CLASSIC.

4. Mr. Brightside by The Killers

This one is kind of hard to forget, mainly because it seems to be the frat boy anthem, but definitely, one that has to make the list.

5. All Star by Smash Mouth

The kinda song that doesn't make that much sense but that you scream the lyrics to anyways.

6. Stacy's Mom by Fountains of Wayne

Every girl named Stacy everywhere is haunted by this song. Known and loved by everyone.

7. Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield

A lot of these songs talk about forbidden romances. First Stacy's mom and now Jessie's girl? I guess these guys have a thing for the girls that are out of reach. Either way, the song is too catchy to dislike.

8. Fall For You by Secondhand Serenade

This slow song is the one throwback that can always get me in my feels.

9. Your Body is a Wonderland by John Mayer

The excellence of this song is perfectly portrayed when Emma Stone breaks up with Justin Timberlake in movie Friends With Benefits for making her late to the John Mayer concert. In her words, "We missed f*cking “Your Body is a Wonderland”! Next time, instead of being late, just sh*t on my face because that’s kind of the same thing as missing “Your Body is a Wonderland”!"

10. This is How We Do It by Montell Jordan

How do we do it? LIKE THIS.

I hope you enjoyed these non-Disney classics that deserve more recognition.