NoFap and MGTOW Make Strong, Good Men That Women Need, But Throw Away

Not all men are misogynistic, just like not all women are honest.

1302

The battle of the sexes is a long and tired struggle for men and women. One wants to get an advantage over the other and sometimes it is not at all playful. These movements of female liberation and male rights have become silly placeholders that force separation and neglect true equality.

On one side, someone with the feminist label will tout equality for all women, as one should. On the next side, someone with the male perspective will see that equality for all women does not mean equality towards men. People could treat everyone as the same, despite the anatomical differences. We all are human beings. But if we do that, if we neglect our differences and treat them as unimportant, we do not accept ourselves completely.

NoFap and MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way) are movements that regulate these differences through self-developmental life changes in the ways of humanism, spirituality, and religion.

NoFap is a community of men and women who are abstaining from porn, masturbation, orgasm, or any combination of the three, to overcome sexual addictions and improve their well-being. MGTOW is a community of men who are abstaining from female relationships, societal and cultural expectations and hypocrisy in order to become self-sufficient individuals.

I realize these movements can make radicals out of both men and women. There are some who force their views on you as the only way to see "the only truth." I think (and I hope) whether you are a man or a woman that you know this is wrong and unethical to do.

I know that we are more than what lies between our legs. The problem for men and women is that we treat our chromosomes as the most important factor of our equality. Men and women cancel each other out now more than ever. The expectations of both sexes are creating derision and as a result less honest means of having and keeping relationships.

For example, a woman cannot be told by a man that she is wrong. A woman cannot be told by another woman she is wrong. It is as if a woman's being wrong makes her less of a woman. It does not matter how smart she is or how attractive she is, she cannot be wrong in the presence of a man or a woman.

This limits a woman's capacity for healthy self-development and meaningful conversations. This also pigeonholes a man's capacity for a healthy, meaningful relationship.

So the man goes along with her spiel. He does everything she asks (but not how she would have done it). Agrees with her until he becomes her "yes man." Now that he never disagrees with her, he becomes a boring boy toy, ready for the donation pile. A woman uses a man when it is convenient for her. Here is the downside of that.

She replaces him with a bad boy that treats her badly. She tries to love the bad boy well, but ends up feeling bad instead. Feeling Van-Halen's-Jamie's-Crying bad.

The displaced boy toy either becomes a bad boy or he grows indifferent, abstinent, free of mixed messages. The latter is stepping into his manhood. But a woman still does not want a good, strong man for the right reasons. This woman has not outgrown her ladies night phase, her manipulating charms, not in time to be honest with herself and with him.

So much unnecessary confusion lies between us, why muck it up more with lies that kill you and I?

Sex is not the answer. An episode of Riverdale is not the answer. One sex cannot tell the other sex not to do something if the one sex is doing exactly that. The sexes need to embrace each other's differences and recognize what true equality is between them.

True equality for men and women is accountability from all sexes.

You can't have cake and eat it too. Respectful transparency, considerate compromise, is the way.