No War in Syria
Politics

No War in Syria

A US intervention would be an absolute disaster

85
No War in Syria
DocumentaryTube

On April 7, 2018, a chemical attack occured in the Damascus suburb are of Douma, which has recently become a battlefield between the forces fighting in the Syrian Civil War. The attack killed around 42 people, many of them women and child. As of right now, Syrian leader Assad has been blamed for the attack, however some are accusing the rebels, who are loosing the war, of doing the attack in order to get international attention and intervention. President Donald Trump, along with the UK, Britian, Israel, and Saudi Arabia have all codemned the attack and have announced support for intervention. However, even though the attack was horrendous, the US must not intervene and get bogged down in another Middle Eastern war.

The US invaded Afghanistan in 2001, and almost 17 years out we are still there with the Taliban still roaming the Afghan countryside. The Iraqi intervention resulted in the nation being embroided in a decade of conflict and war. Lbya was once one of the most prosperous countries in Africa, now it has fallen into a civil war of its own, become a terrorist safe haven, and has become a center of human trafficking. If the US and its allies intervene again, Syria will not be better off.

It may sound harsh and insensitive, but it isn't our problem. The United States has plenty of issues to worry about, and being the policeman of the world isn't one of them. Not a single drop of our soldiers' blood or a single dime of our workers' taxpayer dollars should be spent in a far off country trying to "spread freedom and democracy." A war in the Middle East will not help anyone and will result in a disaster. There must not be a war in Syria.