How to have no regrets from high school.
Education

22 Things Every High School Senior Must Embrace Before It's All OVER

It's almost over, and you're going to miss it.

698
Columbia Pictures

To all the high school seniors who have a riddling case of Senioritis,

You are approaching the end of senior year. You are ready to leave. You are looking forward to the rest of your lives - college, work, etc. You wonder why this year keeps dragging on. Most of you have committed to college at this point. Let me tell you - I have been there.

I'm about to end my sophomore year of college, and it's crazy to me that I am almost 2 years out of high school. While there are so many things I am happy I did, there are also so many things of which I wish I took full advantage...

1. Spend as much time with your friends as you can.

Soon you will be all over the country going to college and exploring the next step of your life. You will regret not making memories.

2. Spend time with your family.

For the first time in 17-18 years, you'll be on your own without them. It may not seem like it now, but you will miss them!

3. Go to all the senior events.

It's cliche, but you will regret not going.

4. Actually study for your AP exams.

Doing this has saved me so much time and money in college. Also, I got a better pick date for classes and housing :)

5. Apply to scholarships.

Yeah, you're done being in school mode. Senioritis has hit you so hard, but think how much nicer your life will be if you saved some money. Things add up in college.

6. Do what makes you happy.

Your sport not making you happy? Doing an activity not making you happy? Then quit. You've gotten into college at this point. Do the things that bring you the most joy.

7. Walk the halls of your high school and take it all in.

You will never be this young and free again. Take it all in. You will miss this.

8. Make crazy memories with your friends before they become your "hometown friends."

You will regret not hanging out and making amazing memories with your friends before you all go off to school.

9. Thank the teachers who inspired you.

They will miss you too.

10. Take as many pictures as possible. It feels good to look back on those later.

You will forget more than you think you will.

11. Dance your heart out at prom.

This is one of the last times you will be together with your entire class.

12. Embrace your last everythings.

It is all coming to an end. All good things must end.

13. Start buying stuff for college.

You will get better deals earlier. Things will be more expensive as college gets closer.

14. Tell people how you really feel.

This is the best time to take a risk and tell people how you really feel. You most likely won't see most of these people again anyway.

15. Take a personal day (other than senior skip day), and cut school with all your friends.

Enjoy the last bits of your childhood before you have real responsibilities.

16. Do something fun for senior skip day too.

Get all your friends together and make memories!

17. Enjoy your parent's cooking. You will miss it next year.

Maybe you are sick of eating your mom's chicken. You will miss eating it though.

18. Embrace the summer after your senior year. Work hard, but have fun.

As cliche as it sounds, work hard, but play harder. You will need money for college, but don't spend every waking hour working. Make memories with your friends.

19. Get close to the people to whom you've always wanted.

Now is your chance to become better friends with people. If you don't now, when will you?

20. Remember that it goes fast.

I underestimated how fast the end of senior year was. It flew by in the blink of an eye. Embrace every second of it.

21. Walk across the stage at graduation confidently.

You did it! Be proud of all you accomplished.

22. Stop wishing high school away.

Yes, it's senior year. Yes, you are so freaking done, but you will miss it.