How To Get Free Stuff By Staying Off Of Your Phone In Class

No phone, no problem.
75

Do you constantly find yourself on your phone in class? Do you wish you could get two pitchers at Bengal's for the price of one? Professors can be so boring and sometimes it is just hard to pay attention when nothing is going on in class. So what always happens? We resort to the only thing we have to keep us preoccupied, our phones.

On our phones, we check our texts, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and then we start all over and rotate until class is over. But a new app, Pocket Points, gives us an incentive to stay off of our phone.

Last week Sigma Chi's President at Mizzou came to the Missouri Student's Association Senate meeting and talked about the latest free phone app, Pocket Points.

Pocket Points is an app that gives you points for staying off your phone in class. You get a point for ever 20 minutes you are not your phone.

Simply start the app and it will alert you to lock your phone. Once you do so, you start earning points.

Those points can be traded in for coupons to local stores, restaurants, and bars. In Columbia you can get a free Hot Box Cookie for 20 points or even a coupon for half off brewed coffee at Kaldi's.

All academic buildings, the Student Center, and the Memorial Student Union are geo-fenced, therefore once you step outside of those buildings the app stops earning you points. You can earn points any day of the week from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Yes, you can cheat. If you have two hours before your next class, you can sit in the student center, do homework from your laptop and turn on the app to earn points while you study.

The app also has a leaderboard where you can track your rank daily, weekly and overall. There is a section to track your rank across your school and a section to track your rank across all of the schools.

So why not download this amazing app? What do you have to lose? Absolutely nothing, but you can maybe gain some knowledge you would have otherwise missed out on.

Download the app now to start racking up those points. Before you know it you will have earned a free USB charger cable from Yogoluv.